Contribute
Register

Some issues forcing me to use Windows..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Download the new MultiBeast, it has a much more surefire way of getting audio working.
Get rid of VoodooHDA first, run MultiBeast 0.9.9 and select the 888b from the audio install and it'll work. There was a bit of a misshap with some of the pinouts in earlier versions. You will also want to install the new F8 DSDT from that version of the MultiBeast for your board to get this going.
And please only select the things you have. You'll have to put the GTS250 part back into the DSDT as well, as it's not there, but graphics should still be working just fine.

Hey whaddaya know, my sound works correctly now, but even more importantly I can actually sleep normally now! Thanks so much!

But I still have the rampaging fan and high CPU temp (I don't even know what my graphics card temp is at, there is no available sensor).

Yee hawr.

Glad it worked out for ya- the title of this thread is enough to make me check it every time you post... :lol:

Thanks Tony, but do you have any ideas on the temperature and fan issue?

Not at the moment, although you can install iStat to get CPU temps- haven't pursued any fixes for Graphics card fan/temps, as mine has no fan and seems to be working perfectly. Since thelostswede has that card, and his is running great, you might check your bios settings, but other than that I don't know what could be causing it. :?:

I take it you know that a hot heatsink is a working heatsink?
The fan speed, well, that's a different problem, but you could always invest in a third party cooling solution from Zalman or Arctic Cooling if worse comes to worse.

Alright I will probably look into a better cooling system. I have one more issue and I think this is the last one. In About This Mac it shows 4 GB of RAM, but in Activity Monitor it is only recognizing 2. Any ideas?

photoADK said:
Alright I will probably look into a better cooling system. I have one more issue and I think this is the last one. In About This Mac it shows 4 GB of RAM, but in Activity Monitor it is only recognizing 2. Any ideas?

Hmm- does your smbios.plist have mem info in it? If you're using AsereBLN's RC4, and remove the info, it will inject the proper mem info.

I don't think there is any memory info in it, but I'm not sure.. I am using Chameleon RC4

photoADK said:
I don't think there is any memory info in it, but I'm not sure.. I am using Chameleon RC4

Take a screenshot or copy/paste the info from the memory section of System Profiler.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back