Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
First off thanks to Tony for all the work you have put into making OS X work at all. I am having some major issues though which are forcing me to use Windows. First off, the temperatures in my computer are way higher than they should be. My CPU idles in Windows at about 35, but in OS X it is closer to 60. The CPU fan is always going crazy, but my GPU fan is barely running at all. I am worried about overheating my GPU. The other issue is no matter what I do I can not get sleep to work properly. When I come back from sleep there is a bunch of static on the screen which goes away after several seconds, but then my keyboard and mouse don't work. It really stinks that these issues exist because otherwise the system runs very fast and smooth. Does anyone have any ideas about the temperature issue, the GPU fan not running correctly, and the sleep problem? Thank you so much for your time!

BTW my specs are as follows:
Gigabyte UD2 rev 1.1
Gigabyte GeForce GTS 250

Yes I installed the DSDT for my motherboard and BIOS version.

Actually- there's no speedstep in any of those DSDTs on the Database, but if you want to test lower power consumption, check out these:

Public/DSDT-P55M-UD2%20-%20SpeedStep.zip

:mrgreen:

No reason why your system should be running so hot- we'll get this solved.

OK I am going to attempt a completely clean installation and use Multibeast to install everything, and see if that clears up any of my issues. I will report back and let you know what happened. I REALLY want this to work since I built this system to replace my MacBook Pro which was destroyed by my friend's 4 year old. I can use Windows 7 if I have to but I very much prefer OS X. I'll be back later on.

Isn't the UD2 well supported? It's the same one Tony has.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back