Contribute
Register

[Solved] Z170M-D3H

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have another system with this board and have the same issue. I'm not sure what the issue is but the skylake machines I have on z170 bards will not update in place from 10.13.1 to 10.13.2 or 10.13.3.

I do not have this issue with my z270 machines. Some others are having major performance issues with Nvidia cards on 10.13.3 as well.

You're the only person who really contributed so I'll message you directly - I think I worked out what was wrong with my Z170M-D3H board, and it was bizarrely simple. I was trying to install on a spare hard drive in a head drive-slide in dock on the front of my computer. As soon as I connected the hard drive to the SATA cable that was connected to my normal hard drive it worked fine.
December. I've been trying since December.

Interesting. All of my drives are either sata 3 connected or nvme. I still can’t install 10.13.2/3 in any sky lake machine. It will stall on install every time. I don’t have any idea the cause as it doesn’t report any error.

You're the only person who really contributed so I'll message you directly - I think I worked out what was wrong with my Z170M-D3H board, and it was bizarrely simple. I was trying to install on a spare hard drive in a head drive-slide in dock on the front of my computer. As soon as I connected the hard drive to the SATA cable that was connected to my normal hard drive it worked fine.
December. I've been trying since December.

Interesting. All of my drives are either sata 3 connected or nvme. I still can’t install 10.13.2/3 in any sky lake machine. It will stall on install every time. I don’t have any idea the cause as it doesn’t report any error.

I have a 750TI, one of the ones that needs the Nvidia Drivers, and I had to take it out of the machine to install, and had to use the built in graphics. It was further complicated by the fact the drivers for 10.13.3 are a disaster, and I had to install older ones. That then went even more awry until I found out that the best way to do this is by first installing the latest drivers, then use 'nvidia-update-master' to find the best working driver. Complete PITA, but better than spending £2000 on a similar spec Mac...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back