Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi, I'm a bit new to the osx86 scene. . been trying to get it to work correctly for almost an entire year with my desktop. . . I have gotten it to work w/out QE/CI support but what good is it without QE support??

Here are the specs of my machine:

Retail OSX Snow Leopard DVD
HP/Compaq DC7700C/E4300 1.83Ghz Core2Duo w/3.05 BIOS Upgrade
4 GB DDR2 RAM
1.5 TB Seagate Barracuda LP SATA HD
Lite-on SATA DVD Multi Recorder
PNY nVidia GeForce 7300GT 256mb PCIe video card

I have tried various methods (some I will not mention bc of the rules) but have yet to get everything all working and stable.. I have seriously installed OSX almost 500 times trying to get this to work and am getting quite frustrated.. I seen mention on other boards of this install working, so I know it works!

The frustrating thing is, I got it to work with FULL QE/CI support ONCE, a fluke! I know! And then when tweaking the install it KP'ed and I couldnt get it to work again! I believe I got it to work using NVEnabler, yet now everytime I try to use NVEnabler, Natit, or NVInject, all I get is a blue screen on boot... :(

According to the HCL, my video card, PNY GeForce 7300GT is supposed to work OOB w/ Graphics Enabler, yet if I use it, I get the BSOD on boot, no mouse cursor, no hope w/ using adapters (DVI to VGA, etc) or using diff monitor (I have a 19" flatpanel w/ DVI and 19" LCDTV w/ VGA) or "turning it off and on", it is just a graphics issue..

I can get it to work in framebuffer mode, with no kexts installed, no problem. But what good is 1024x768 and no QE/CI? Problem is, I have a supported card, yet can't get it to hold down QE/CI.. hoping some gurus out the might be able to help me out..

So please anyone with some experience and insight, please feel free to post any and all suggestions! I am pretty receptive and intuitive, work in the IT service field, so not a n00b here. Yet this osx86 stuff is bangin my dome!! HALP!!!

Re: Worked once w full QE/CI, now only bluescreen on boot, help!

dvntrecordings said:
Hi, I'm a bit new to the osx86 scene. . been trying to get it to work correctly for almost an entire year with my desktop. . . I have gotten it to work w/out QE/CI support but what good is it without QE support??

Here are the specs of my machine:

Retail OSX Snow Leopard DVD
HP/Compaq DC7700C/E4300 1.83Ghz Core2Duo w/3.05 BIOS Upgrade
4 GB DDR2 RAM
1.5 TB Seagate Barracuda LP SATA HD
Lite-on SATA DVD Multi Recorder
PNY nVidia GeForce 7300GT 256mb PCIe video card

I have tried various methods (some I will not mention bc of the rules) but have yet to get everything all working and stable.. I have seriously installed OSX almost 500 times trying to get this to work and am getting quite frustrated.. I seen mention on other boards of this install working, so I know it works!

The frustrating thing is, I got it to work with FULL QE/CI support ONCE, a fluke! I know! And then when tweaking the install it KP'ed and I couldnt get it to work again! I believe I got it to work using NVEnabler, yet now everytime I try to use NVEnabler, Natit, or NVInject, all I get is a blue screen on boot... :(

According to the HCL, my video card, PNY GeForce 7300GT is supposed to work OOB w/ Graphics Enabler, yet if I use it, I get the BSOD on boot, no mouse cursor, no hope w/ using adapters (DVI to VGA, etc) or using diff monitor (I have a 19" flatpanel w/ DVI and 19" LCDTV w/ VGA) or "turning it off and on", it is just a graphics issue..

I can get it to work in framebuffer mode, with no kexts installed, no problem. But what good is 1024x768 and no QE/CI? Problem is, I have a supported card, yet can't get it to hold down QE/CI.. hoping some gurus out the might be able to help me out..

So please anyone with some experience and insight, please feel free to post any and all suggestions! I am pretty receptive and intuitive, work in the IT service field, so not a n00b here. Yet this osx86 stuff is bangin my dome!! HALP!!!
I suggest you to install the Chameleon 2.0 RC5 r699 with Multibeast if not done so far and add the device-id of your GFX card into the plist from NVDHal.kext. Add GraphicsEnabler=yes into your boot.plist. Rebuild the caches with Kext Utility (doubleclick) and repair the permissions on your HD. Reboot (w/o warranty of mine)

I am going to try the graphicsenabler string, though usually when I use it or any enabler (NVEnabler, Natit, NVInject, etc) I get a blue screen on boot.

Pardon me for the seemingly n00b question, but what do you mean by install using Chameleon 2.0 RC5 r699? You mean DL that build from the Chameleon site and use it as a bootloader, and use multibeast after? I get some strange errors when using bare bootloaders with a custom DSDT for my mobo, i couldnt even get to the installation, I'd get instant KP due to sleepenabler, then I would use pmversion=0 to disable it, and get some other error pertaining to my cpu and threads etc.. maybe it will work better?

Right now, my mouse is stuck. .. pretty annoying, so have to navigate using keyboard, fun fun!! had to get used to that one.. i sure wish this was easier!!

my poor gf has seen me relentlessly hack this system for months now.. . im surprised she's still attracted to me after my obsessive hacking attempts LOL

i just realized that the NVDAxxHAL.kext I had modified before was the wrong one for my series, I modded the NVDA50 (which is for 8xxx series) instead of the NVDA40 (which is for 7xxx series)

Anyways, I did exactly that and now my mouse won't work at all and still no QE/CI. .. any other suggestions?

Your 7300GT isn't longer supported since 10.6.2. you can try to add the device-id also to NVDA50 and to NVDA40 in addition with your device-id in NVDHal with GraphicsEnabler set to yes. Don't forget to rebuild the kextcaches and repair the permissions...it's very important to do that after kernes editing/installing At the moment i can't help further, sorry. TIA

What you said is helpful, but I definetely had it working with full QE/CI on 10.6.6 with NVEnabler, so I know for a FACT that it can be done. As to why it worked that one time, I'm not sure... I sure wish it was still working!! Maybe someone else can shed some light?

On another note.. any suggestions for an inexpensive video card that will work out of the box with 10.6.6 ? Kindof sick of trying to hack this install just to get QE/CI on this old ass GeForce 7300GT. . . I'm open to suggestions!! Any and all are greatly appreciated!! Thanks

dvntrecordings said:
What you said is helpful, but I definetely had it working with full QE/CI on 10.6.6 with NVEnabler, so I know for a FACT that it can be done. As to why it worked that one time, I'm not sure... I sure wish it was still working!! Maybe someone else can shed some light?

On another note.. any suggestions for an inexpensive video card that will work out of the box with 10.6.6 ? Kindof sick of trying to hack this install just to get QE/CI on this old ass GeForce 7300GT. . . I'm open to suggestions!! Any and all are greatly appreciated!! Thanks
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125304

works oob 32 or 64 bit, full QE/CI

Going Bald said:
dvntrecordings said:

nice!!! good price too!! i think im def gonna have to snag that! sick of dealing with the failed geforce 7300 and my gf getting all upset bc im hacking all day LOLOLOL (shes fine too.. got a 42" booty and 24" waist.. i swear it defies the laws of whitegirl physics... LMFAO

Thanks man, btw I seen some of your other posts and they were helpful. . good to see a post from someone I respect!!

Going Bald said:
dvntrecordings said:

question though. . I got an old mobo.. not sure if it supports pci express 2.0 .. . does that matter?? it def supports pcie

also for this video card, one user stated you need a power supply of minimum 450W, my HP DC7700 only says 365W max. .. you really think ill get "brown outs" like he said? I'm not planning to do heavy gaming. . . any feedback on this or alternatives?

nm another review said 300w is okay and pci 2.0 is backwards compatible w 1.0 . .so i guess im good to go. . thanks :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back