Contribute
Register

[Solved]Wont install Snow Leopard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Wont install Snow Leopard

[/quote]
OK, before we go back to basics and start at the bios settings, if you use the -v -x PCIRootUID=1 flags do you get any further than DSMOS has arrived?[/quote]

It loads about 5 more lines but its quick and then immediately goes black. I don't have time to read them or take a picture. I could do video if its important.
Anyways, about the BIOS. i updated it last week to version 1A which should be the latest version. One thing i would like to mention is that on the video tutorial they were able to select each SATA devise and set it to AHCI. Mine dose not give me that option. it just has a feature saying something like "enable AHCI for capable on board devices" and for RAID i can select AHCI, IDE, or another one i cant remember(i'm not at my computer right now). So, im not sure what is all helpful but i'm throwing out info to hopefully reduce your question list.

Okay some video cards are problematic. Have you tried to boot using the other video port on your card? Or if you have a second monitor, have a monitor on each port as you boot.

It appears as you are close to a successful boot to the retail DVD.

neil

For S&G i installed every update i could find on the MSI website including reinstalling mainboard BIOS and i switched my monitor from DVI to VGA. Monitor isn't shutting off anymore however now its showing something a bit different. never gets past waiting for root device.
I tried booting -f, no joy there. one hdd plugged into SATA port 1 on mainboard and disk drive into SATA port two. during attempt only one 2gb ram stick is left in computer. AHCI for compatible devices is enabled.

Attachments

• 2011-02-22 18.00.11.jpg
    2011-02-22 18.00.11.jpg
    160.2 KB · Views: 112

Installation was successful! I had to set RAID configuration to AHCI even though im not using RAID. After that install was groovy. Thanks a million for all the help.

Crate450 said:
Installation was successful! I had to set RAID configuration to AHCI even though im not using RAID. After that install was groovy. Thanks a million for all the help.
:clap: :thumbup:
Great you got it working.
Please go back to your first post and edit the Subject line to add [Solved] in front of the subject title like [Solved] Wont install Snow Leopard

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back