Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
i have a MSI p55-gd65 with and i5-650 chip. pci graphics card zotac GTS-250 graphics card, 8gb ddr3, dvd drive, and two hard drives. one has windows xp loaded and the other is empty. both however are formatted NTFS.

Now for the problem... im trying to install snow leopard onto the second HD. when i replace the iboot disk with snow osx install disk i get this neat little white apple then after about 3 minutes it crashes to a black screen.

I did set the BIOS HD settings as instructed by install guide.

any suggestions are appreciated.

thank you

Re: Wont install Snow Leopard

trying booting with the "-v -x" boot parameters so that you can see what's happening and where it might be hanging.

make sure that you've followed the "Installation Troubleshooting Tips & General Recommendations" thread found here:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=9541

Ok, so i removed two ram sticks and unplugged my windows drive. same outcome.

Attachments

• 2011-02-18 20.24.11.jpg
    2011-02-18 20.24.11.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 270

bump

bump

Crate450 said:
Patience is a virtue in those desiring help.

What version of SL is your installation disc? 10.6.0 or 10.6.3?

I apologize if im a bit over ambitious. I just didn't want my question to get lost at the bottom of a long list.

To answer your question the version is 10.6.3.

Crate450 said:
I apologize if im a bit over ambitious. I just didn't want my question to get lost at the bottom of a long list.

Please download the latest iBoot 2.6.3 and use it to boot with. There has been a problem with 2.6.2 that should be fixed now.
If it's any encouragement to you, you are getting there. The apple kernel has been loaded when you see DSMOS has arrived. It's just the other peripheral stuff we need to get loaded after that point.

Going Bald said:
Crate450 said:

Please download the latest iBoot 2.6.3 and use it to boot with. There has been a problem with 2.6.2 that should be fixed now.
If it's any encouragement to you, you are getting there. The apple kernel has been loaded when you see DSMOS has arrived. It's just the other peripheral stuff we need to get loaded after that point.

I checked the version i burned its label read iBoot_2.6.3tonymacx86.com so, i should be good there.
Thanks for all the help. I really appreciate it. Any other ideas?

Crate450 said:
Going Bald said:
Crate450 said:

I checked the version i burned its label read iBoot_2.6.3tonymacx86.com so, i should be good there.
Thanks for all the help. I really appreciate it. Any other ideas?
OK, before we go back to basics and start at the bios settings, if you use the -v -x PCIRootUID=1 flags do you get any further than DSMOS has arrived?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back