Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] wont boot without iBoot - ever!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
P6X58D
CPU
i7-960
Graphics
HD 5870
so i have tried so many things with kinda limited success on this - i decided i no longer had a clue what was installed any more and i did a FRESH VANILLA INSTALL of osx, followed iBoot + multibeast guide to a tee, includeing combo update... just so we all know where i stand

when i boot without a boot disk, it pops up the chameleon screen, and i can pass it arguments, but no matter what i do it just scrolls the code (like it should) then after a moment screen goes black and my video card spins up and sounds like it's trying to lift my computer off my desk... which would be impressive cause my case tilted my car to one side when i bought it o_O

i've tried the chameleon install via multibeast, no luck...
i've tried everything i can think of:
-v
-x
-x -v
-x -v -PciRoot=1
-x -v PciRoot=1 GraphicsEnabler=Yes
-v PciRoot=1
-v GraphicsEnabler=Yes
and probly about 100 others lol

i would love to tell you all what file it's crashing on, since i'm doing verbose mode and all, but when it hits it's problem the screen goes black so i haven't a clue.

thanks in advance guys! i know you all will have more knowledge on this than i have on my own.

Re: wont boot without iBoot - ever!

Do you mind using iBoot? You could always install it onto your hard drive.

What options did you tick on the Multibeast installer? Make sure you install the ATI experimental bootloader or you'll always get a black screen/crazy fan after chameleon. What I'm not sure is if your graphics is added to kabyl's code. Remember to add the GraphicsEnabler=Yes and PCIRoot=1 to your com.apple.boot.plist

ok - how exactly do i install the ATI Experimental bootloader? cause that's not build into multibeast...

or am i just COMPLETELY blind? o_O

...i may be blind...

mrosebro said:
ok - how exactly do i install the ATI Experimental bootloader? cause that's not build into multibeast...

or am i just COMPLETELY blind? o_O

...i may be blind...

Attachments

• Selections for 5770.png
    Selections for 5770.png
    123.9 KB · Views: 212

gunna go try it RIGHT NOW - "forum help me" lol

edit: changeing thread to [solved] THANX THE FIGHTING SAINT!!!!!

ikingblack said:
Do you mind using iBoot? You could always install it onto your hard drive.
You DO NOT want to do this. iBoot is a boot helper to allow you to install from the OS X retail disc. It is not a boot crutch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back