i7-4770K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello,

For anyone having issues with VoodooHDA not honoring the system volume settings (i.e you move the slider but the volume does not change), I've discovered the following trick (after many kp) which works with VoodooHDA version 0.2.6.2 and above (I'm using MacOSX 10.6.8):

1. Set the volume to max both on System Volume settings and VoodooHDA preferences pane (the PCM output in particular).
2. Open the Terminal and go to /System/Library/Extensions/VoodooHDA.kext/Contents directory.
3. Type the command: sudo nano -w Info.plist.
4. Press CONTROL-W (^W for search) and search for the string "VoodooHDAEnableVolumeChangeFix" (without the quotes). Change the value from false to true. Save the file.
5. Fix your permitions and clear your caches.
6. Reboot the system. Volume controls now work :D

Hello,

What do you mean by "5. Fix your permitions and clear your caches."? I'm new to all this, so a more detailed explanation would be appreciated. :D

Nylez said:
Hello,

What do you mean by "5. Fix your permitions and clear your caches."? I'm new to all this, so a more detailed explanation would be appreciated. :D

Hi,

After performing the aforementioned change in the Info.plist file for VoodooHDA, you need to update your system in order for the fix to work. This update procedure includes the permission fix which validates the system driver files (kexts) so that the OSX kernel loads them correctly.

You can do this either by using OSX86Tools or by running MultiBeast and selecting only the option "System Utilities" which includes "Rebuild Permissions" and "Rebuild Caches".

Hello,

Thank you, the volume slider is now working properly! Except for the volume, it starts at about 50% of the slider. Also i cant find the Speakers in the VoodooHDA preferences pane. It only shows 4x Digital-out (HDMI). Any way to fix this?

This fix worked for my HP Mini 1000, on SL 10.6.8, using VoodooHDA 2.7.2, Intel N10/ICH7 audio 8086:27d8. Thanks!

Finally found this post after searching for quite some time. Thank you!!!

-Dell E6400 (10.7.3)

Nylez said:
Hello,

Thank you, the volume slider is now working properly! Except for the volume, it starts at about 50% of the slider. Also i cant find the Speakers in the VoodooHDA preferences pane. It only shows 4x Digital-out (HDMI). Any way to fix this?

In the same file change VoodooHDAEnableHalfVolumeFix to true.

Worked for me on on a Dell E6520

Mute is still broken though.

Mute works for me by editing the same file and setting the VoodooHDAEnableMuteFix to true.

I installed VoodooHDA via the latest Multibeast 4.3.2

-D

Nylez said:
Hello,

I have the same issue with the lack of analogue in VooDooHDA preferences. This didn't work for the slider on my HP8440p/10.7.4/VooDooHDA 2.7.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back