Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] VoodooHDA Volume Slider Control Fix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

For anyone having issues with VoodooHDA not honoring the system volume settings (i.e you move the slider but the volume does not change), I've discovered the following trick (after many kp) which works with VoodooHDA version 0.2.6.2 and above (I'm using MacOSX 10.6.8):

1. Set the volume to max both on System Volume settings and VoodooHDA preferences pane (the PCM output in particular).
2. Open the Terminal and go to /System/Library/Extensions/VoodooHDA.kext/Contents directory.
3. Type the command: sudo nano -w Info.plist.
4. Press CONTROL-W (^W for search) and search for the string "VoodooHDAEnableVolumeChangeFix" (without the quotes). Change the value from false to true. Save the file.
5. Fix your permitions and clear your caches.
6. Reboot the system. Volume controls now work :D

This is a great guide, and another way to do this is to edit the Info.plist file within the kext, to say "true" where the VoodooHDAEnableVolumeChangeFix originally says "False" after. Do this BEFORE installing the kext itself, and you're good to go ^_^

Hello,

For anyone having issues with VoodooHDA not honoring the system volume settings (i.e you move the slider but the volume does not change), I've discovered the following trick (after many kp) which works with VoodooHDA version 0.2.6.2 and above (I'm using MacOSX 10.6.8):

1. Set the volume to max both on System Volume settings and VoodooHDA preferences pane (the PCM output in particular).
2. Open the Terminal and go to /System/Library/Extensions/VoodooHDA.kext/Contents directory.
3. Type the command: sudo nano -w Info.plist.
4. Press CONTROL-W (^W for search) and search for the string "VoodooHDAEnableVolumeChangeFix" (without the quotes). Change the value from false to true. Save the file.
5. Fix your permitions and clear your caches.
6. Reboot the system. Volume controls now work :D

This worked perfectly for me on my Alienware M15X hachintosh (calling it AlienMac) running OSX 10.9 Maverick. Using VoodooHDA 2.8.6 Kext. Been working on it for a couple days now and things are stating to look better! Thanks!!

Thank you, very much!!! It's work in 10.9.5 on hp4530s with voodoohda 2.8.5

Thank you for your time in helping people with this ! I have a HP 8470p running 10.10 - clover

voodoohda 2.8.5 - Every thing worked !

However ever I had too .....

Method 2
1. Drag VoodooHDA.kext to desktop from System/Library/Extensions/
2.Right click, Show pkg contents. open Info.plist in Contents folder.
3. Press Command-F (^F for search) and search for the string "VoodooHDAEnableVolumeChangeFix" (without the quotes). Change the value from false to true. Save the file.
4.Do the same for VoodooHDAEnableMuteFix
5.Install with Kext Ultility.
6. Fix your permitions and clear your caches.
7. Reboot the system. Volume controls now work

Hi,

After performing the aforementioned change in the Info.plist file for VoodooHDA, you need to update your system in order for the fix to work. This update procedure includes the permission fix which validates the system driver files (kexts) so that the OSX kernel loads them correctly.

You can do this either by using OSX86Tools or by running MultiBeast and selecting only the option "System Utilities" which includes "Rebuild Permissions" and "Rebuild Caches".

Stumbled across this. On Yosemite Multibeat, I don't see "System Utilities" option. I'm using Chimera and hopefully that's not my probem.

:EDIT: Nevermind, this was easy fix. I just rebuilt permissions on /S/L/E, then "touch"ed /S/L/E and my volume and mute controls work.

This method don't work for me :( Audio is great, but controls not responding...any ideas?

PS: my system is Mac OS 12.12.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back