Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Acer Aspire V3-371
CPU
intel i5-5257u
Graphics
intel iris 6100
Hi!

How can I decide which patch should I apply? I get the same error (Name already exists in scope (_DSM)) with each.

Read the guide carefully: http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/

You should have already used "Remove _DSM methods" before applying other patches.
As for which 0x0D vs. 0x6D, it will be obvious as you look at the preview before applying the patch.
I removed the _DSM methods and with the 0x0D and 0x6D I have the same number of changes, I don't know how to choose. I tried with _DSM removing, 7-series/8-series USB and 0x0D and it still wakes up, the same with 0x6D instead of 0D.
Could be a problem if I can't find AppleUSBXHCI.kext nor GenericUSBXHCI.kext on my computer?

I removed the _DSM methods and with the 0x0D and 0x6D I have the same number of changes, I don't know how to choose. I tried with _DSM removing, 7-series/8-series USB and 0x0D and it still wakes up, the same with 0x6D instead of 0D.
Could be a problem if I can't find AppleUSBXHCI.kext nor GenericUSBXHCI.kext on my computer?

Look at the preview. You don't want to use a patch that changes 0x0d to 0x6d, nor 0x6d to 0x0d.

Look at the preview. You don't want to use a patch that changes 0x0d to 0x6d, nor 0x6d to 0x0d.
OK, thanks, I think it works.

@RehabMan
Firstly, awesome guides and contribution.

I'm using an X99P-SLI MB with various DSDT patches to get everything working ok, including XCPM running Sierra.
I have the dreaded sleep issue where the Bluetooth PCIe card (BCM943602CS) connected to an internal USB2 port immediately wakes up the Hack on sleep.
Following the guides, I traced this to the _PRW method which uses parameters (0x0D, 0x04) and have tried the following:
- Replaced with a routine that returns 0
- Tried 0x09, 0x04
- Tried 0x09, 0x03
- Tried 0x0d, 0x03

The net result is that I can get the PC to sleep, however the ability to wake up via any USB connected devices (Keyboard, mouse, Bluetooth mouse) is disabled, requiring a power button press to wake.

Additionally, the Speedstep functionality on wake is disabled, meaning that the PC wakes up and throttles the CPU at turbo speed (4Ghz +/- 200Mhz)

Question: Is there a way to modify the _PRW function to prevent the auto-wake functionality from the BT adapter but allow keyboard/BT mouse wake functionality, and secondly, what would cause the speedstep disable on wake.

Thanks for your wisdom

@RehabMan
Firstly, awesome guides and contribution.

I'm using an X99P-SLI MB with various DSDT patches to get everything working ok, including XCPM running Sierra.
I have the dreaded sleep issue where the Bluetooth PCIe card (BCM943602CS) connected to an internal USB2 port immediately wakes up the Hack on sleep.
Following the guides, I traced this to the _PRW method which uses parameters (0x0D, 0x04) and have tried the following:
- Replaced with a routine that returns 0
- Tried 0x09, 0x04
- Tried 0x09, 0x03
- Tried 0x0d, 0x03

The net result is that I can get the PC to sleep, however the ability to wake up via any USB connected devices (Keyboard, mouse, Bluetooth mouse) is disabled, requiring a power button press to wake.

Additionally, the Speedster functionality on wake is disabled, meaning that the PC wakes up and throttles the CPU at turbo speed (4Ghz +/- 200Mhz)

Question: Is there a way to modify the _PRW function to prevent the auto-wake functionality from the BT adapter but allow keyboard/BT mouse wake functionality, and secondly, what would cause the speedster disable on wake.

Thanks for your wisdom

You need to change all _PRW objects that return GPE index 0x0d, such that sleep state is zero for each.

You need to change all _PRW objects that return GPE index 0x0d, such that sleep state is zero for each.

I've checked, and there are no other instances. As i said, it sleeps, but there is no ability to wake via keyboard, mouse, or BT mouse.

As i said, it sleeps, but there is no ability to wake via keyboard, mouse, or BT mouse.

It is the expected result. Changing _PRW sleep state to zero causes it to disable wake for that GPE.
You would need to use the power button.

So no way to prevent the auto-wake but allow wake on keyboard etc. ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back