Contribute
Register

[solved] USB3 _PRW 0x0D or 0x6D for instant wake

Status
Not open for further replies.
So no way to prevent the auto-wake but allow wake on keyboard etc. ?

Correct...

Other than disabling or removing the USB device causing the problem.

Generally, it is easy to live without "wake on USB" with laptops... even desirable.

Correct...

Generally, it is easy to live without "wake on USB" with laptops... even desirable.
Makes sense for a laptop... This is a desktop build with an Apple BT card, so not so easy to disable.
Didn't know if there were other avenues to pursue the instant wake besides the binary choice of live with it, or disable all wake on USB.

Didn't know if there were other avenues to pursue the instant wake besides the binary choice of live with it, or disable all wake on USB.

None that I know of. If you find one, report back...

In Yosemite, I needed to use this patch to prevent the "instant wake" issue. But with El Capitan's new USB drivers, and the use of correct USB configuration, I find disabling wake on USB unnecessary now that certain ports are disabled... If you have followed RehabMan's 10.11 USB guide, you can test to see if you still need this patch...

EDIT: In my case, the built-in USB card reader is what's causing the instant wake on my PC... so when disabled, I don't have instant wake problems...

Last edited:
I too am having instant wake issues on a new build of Sierra and am debating the best options to fix.

Based on searching the forums here, I suspect (not certain) that it's the internal Fenvi Desktop Wireless / Bluetooth Card used for handoff... it attaches to the internal USB header. Could also be USB in general. When I call up the syslog for the wake reason, it says (AppleACPIPlatform) Wake reason: XDCI. I am assuming this relates to USB but am new (so be gentle!)

Curious if there have been any updates for those that have a similar internal card. Do you have the same issue? Do I still need to disable USB as suggested here and lose my wake-on-keyboard?

Or, is there a better handoff solution that is more sleep friendly?

I too am having instant wake issues on a new build of Sierra and am debating the best options to fix.

Based on searching the forums here, I suspect (not certain) that it's the internal Fenvi Desktop Wireless / Bluetooth Card used for handoff... it attaches to the internal USB header. Could also be USB in general. When I call up the syslog for the wake reason, it says (AppleACPIPlatform) Wake reason: XDCI. I am assuming this relates to USB but am new (so be gentle!)

Curious if there have been any updates for those that have a similar internal card. Do you have the same issue? Do I still need to disable USB as suggested here and lose my wake-on-keyboard?

Or, is there a better handoff solution that is more sleep friendly?

Disable ports until you find the port/device that is causing the instant wake.

But you can disable all USB caused instant wake with the correct _PRW patch.

Disable ports until you find the port/device that is causing the instant wake.

But you can disable all USB caused instant wake with the correct _PRW patch.

Thanks!

Did more digging and discovered THIS thread... It was my Corsair Link cable from my H80i and not the Fenvi bluetooth. Unplugged the Corsair and now going to sleep normally in Sierra and I'm able to wake from the keyboard.

If I wanted to plug back in though, what would be the best method for finding that specific USB port and disabling it? Ideally, I'd like to leave it connected for my Windows boot.

Thanks!

Did more digging and discovered THIS thread... It was my Corsair Link cable from my H80i and not the Fenvi bluetooth. Unplugged the Corsair and now going to sleep normally in Sierra and I'm able to wake from the keyboard.

If I wanted to plug back in though, what would be the best method for finding that specific USB port and disabling it? Ideally, I'd like to leave it connected for my Windows boot.

If you're using USBInjectAll.kext, you can disable the port with uia_exclude (kernel flag). Or you can simply exclude the port from your custom SSDT for USBInjectAll.

If you're using USBInjectAll.kext, you can disable the port with uia_exclude (kernel flag). Or you can simply exclude the port from your custom SSDT for USBInjectAll.

Great! Thank you, will try that. But how would I know which port to exclude? I'm new and I'm unclear which port the Corsair is in. Is it like Windows when you plug in a USB device, you see it appear and can then identify it? (don't think I'm using the USBInjectAll.kext)

Great! Thank you, will try that. But how would I know which port to exclude? I'm new and I'm unclear which port the Corsair is in. Is it like Windows when you plug in a USB device, you see it appear and can then identify it? (don't think I'm using the USBInjectAll.kext)

Look in ioreg as you plug the device in. You will see it populate under one of the ports under XHC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back