Register

[SOLVED] Upgraded to RX 580 from GTX 970, One Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    35 MB · Views: 139
Give this a shot.

Thank you for the effort. I appreciate it greatly. However, this configuration also will not complete the OS X boot once the Dell 30" DVI monitor is connected. It boots fine without that monitor connected (I am using it now with the two Dislpayport monitors). The behaviour was slightly different, but the end result was the same.

Having little success uploading this. I'll try one more time. Thanks for your help.
You had a lot of things wrong in your config, try this whole EFI on a USB drive, do not add or change anything. If you have issues booting please boot into verbose and take a picture and upload it here so I can see what the issue is.

First load into your BIOS and F7 to Load Defaults, then reboot and go back into BIOS then make these changes:
Code:
o M.I.T.>Advanced Frequency Settings>Extreme Memory Profile (X.M.P.): Profile1
o BIOS Features>Windows 8 Features: Windows 8
o BIOS Features>CSM Support: Never
o Peripherals>EHCI Hand-off: Enabled

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    16.4 MB · Views: 57
You had a lot of things wrong in your config, try this whole EFI on a USB drive, do not add or change anything. If you have issues booting please boot into verbose and take a picture and upload it here so I can see what the issue is.

First load into your BIOS and F7 to Load Defaults, then reboot and go back into BIOS then make these changes:
Code:

Thank you again. I have a spare SSD installed in my system, so I'll install your EFI folder and try it from there with your recommended BIOS settings.

Code:

Well, what can I say? You're a genius. It worked on the first try after I installed your EFI folder and implemented your BIOS changes. Apple locked my account and made me change my iCloud password and re-enter it in 50 different locations, but that's a small price to pay. All three monitors are back and working perfectly. All services are working that I can tell. My computer even booted faster than it did before.

Seriously, I can't thank you enough. I've been pretty handy at solving my Hackintosh problems over the years, but your skills are entirely next level. Many thanks!

Well, what can I say? You're a genius. It worked on the first try after I installed your EFI folder and implemented your BIOS changes. Apple locked my account and made me change my iCloud password and re-enter it in 50 different locations, but that's a small price to pay. All three monitors are back and working perfectly. All services are working that I can tell. My computer even booted faster than it did before.

Seriously, I can't thank you enough. I've been pretty handy at solving my Hackintosh problems over the years, but your skills are entirely next level. Many thanks!
No problem, happy hacking. The reason your iCloud required new password was because you were using the wrong SMBIOS, Z97 and 4790K should be using iMac15,1 not iMac14,2.

No problem, happy hacking. The reason your iCloud required new password was because you were using the wrong SMBIOS, Z97 and 4790K should be using iMac15,1 not iMac14,2.

It's been so long now, I forgot why I was using 14,2, but it was to get something working, I remember that. I think it might even have been iMessage and the other iCloud services. (They were working fine for a very long time with 14,2 as my setting.)

I've never had sleep work properly for me, either. I think I will give that a go now, too! :)

Thanks again.

It's been so long now, I forgot why I was using 14,2, but it was to get something working, I remember that. I think it might even have been iMessage and the other iCloud services. (They were working fine for a very long time with 14,2 as my setting.)
I've never had sleep work properly for me, either. I think I will give that a go now, too! :)
Thanks again.
iMessage only requires working NVRAM doesn't matter the SMBIOS, which you have now since I gave you AptioMemoryFix. Sleep/Wake will not work unless you patch your DSDT.

iMessage only requires working NVRAM doesn't matter the SMBIOS, which you have now since I gave you AptioMemoryFix. Sleep/Wake will not work unless you patch your DSDT.

OK, thanks. I won't bother with sleep. I've let the machine run 24/7 for two years now, only sleeping the monitors. No need to change that now.

OK, thanks. I won't bother with sleep. I've let the machine run 24/7 for two years now, only sleeping the monitors. No need to change that now.
Same here, please mark this thread as Solved

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back