Contribute
Register

[Solved] updated to Clover 4700 and now my osx high sierra doesnt boot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Intel NUC 6i7KYK
CPU
i7-6770HQ
Graphics
Iris Pro 580
Mac
  1. MacBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I didnt change a thing, I just updated my clover, I have never had a problem before, and now I have no idea where to begin, what does one do now?

what does one do now?
You should read and comply with the rules, in particular the one regarding profiles.
Link to profile

Sounds like the well documented problem with a missing Aptio memory fix driver.

Most people only need :
ApfsDriverLoader-64.efi (or apfs.efi)
AptioMemoryFix-64.efi
FSInject-64.efi
HFSPlus.efi (or vboxhfs-64-efi)

so make sure that you have at least these four.

I just encountered this issue a couple hours ago on my newly-upgraded-to-Mojave machine. Will try the above suggestions and see if it fixes it, once I get booted back into the thing.

Reinstall Clover and check that the new FileVault 2 Checkbox is checked. Had the same problem five minutes ago.
How do I reinstall clover from windows, if I cant boot my machine? or is the only option to find a mac

Last edited:
How do I reinstall clover from windows, if I cant boot my machine? or is the only option to find a mac
Did you happen to make a bootable USB stick with Unibeast? Got another Mac you can use to do that if you didn’t already?

so I have formated my usb drive HFS+ using diskutility, installed clover with UEFI only and clover is only bootable in legacy mode with no operating system? I must be doing something wrong

Update my mac laptop has one malfunctioning usb.... so after formatting on the other usb the UEFI is working ....

Last edited:
I have updated that, sorry for not following the forum guidelines

You should read and comply with the rules, in particular the one regarding profiles.
Link to profile

Sounds like the well documented problem with a missing Aptio memory fix driver.

Most people only need :
ApfsDriverLoader-64.efi (or apfs.efi)
AptioMemoryFix-64.efi
FSInject-64.efi
HFSPlus.efi (or vboxhfs-64-efi)

so make sure that you have at least these four.

Hi all, I'm in the same boat. Clover 4700 broke my hack even if I put everything that was on the old setup. My hack does not boot or, with the EFI attached, boots without sound and with problems playing mp4-H264. I think there is a conflict between kext and new updated files in clover. I need to use igpu+rx580 for fcpx editing and h264 export so I need to inject intelgpu. Maybe the problem is there? Tried the new memory management in different combinations. No luck. Thanks.

Update: seems that the intelgraphicsfixup.kext was the reason under the reboot.
If I use only whatevergreen+lilu system boots but I cannot see the IGPU and I cannot play mp4-H264.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    22.1 MB · Views: 170
Last edited:
Need Help!!!

I also just updated to 4700 from a previous working version. I have an Asus v270-a Prime and now I just get a black screen on boot and I cannot even boot to a different drive to save it!!!

I am going crazy here. Everything was working great and I wanted to update to Mojave.

Please help! I am a noob so I dont know how to go forward with this!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back