CPU
Intel Core i5 4690K
Graphics
Gigabyte GTX970 G1 Gaming
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi. Recently installed a card on my hackintosh with wifi and BT, this card here: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01MDLG51U/?tag=tonymacx86-21

Specs:
Intel Core i5 4690K
Gigabyte GA-Z97x Gaming 3
Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming
16Gb DDR3 RAM 1600MHz
Dual boot between MacOS Sierra and Windows 8.1 using Clover

The wifi works fine OOB. Bluetooth also works fine OOB, I can pair my keyboard, trackpad, headphones, etc. In the system report it states that it is compatible with Handoff but for some reason it just isn't working. The option to unlock with Apple watch IS visible but when I clicked it it would just load indefinitely. I turned Handoff off and on on both my iPhone and Hackintosh, now when I click on the unlock with Watch option it just fails to connect. I'd appreciate some help. I'll post screenshots of the system report tabs bellow.

1.png
2.png
3.png

Curious did you find an answer to this issue? I'm having the same problem it seems.

Thanks

I think this has to do with DSTD configuration, I still haven't figured it out yet but when I hibernate and wake up my computer, my Apple Watch can connect perfectly, but if I reboot I am back to the initial state where I cannot get the unlock from Apple Watch to finish pairing or working.

it is infuriating, not sure what to do anymore.

I have BRCM20702 card too on an ASUS Strix Mobo

I Have a new development to share.

After some research today I finally figured out what was preventing me from using the full power or my Broadcom WiFi BT card and setting up handoff and watch unlock successfully. My MoBo comes with Ethernet, WIFI and BT built in, and also in PCIe I installed the Broadcom card. Well... OSX was using the WIFI from the built in card and the BT from the Broadcom, although identifying the drivers and manufacturer as Broadcom for both (which is why I had so much trouble figuring out the problem).
So just as a Hail Mary today I rebooted my machine, went into the BIOS setup and disabled the built in WIFI and BT and VOILA!!!! OSX is finally using the Broadcom card at its fullest!

Handoff (which was working before) is not working faster and less choppy
Unlock with watch is now working without ANY issues!!!!

I AM A HAPPY CAMPER.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back