Contribute
Register

[solved] ThinkPad L440 Compatible Replacement Mini PCI-E

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes.

Not dynamic SSDTs (as is clear in the guide).

Ok,i included all SSDT`s without the ones with x at then end
Didnt change the names it was SSDT-5 then (SSDT6x,SSDT7x,SSDT8x were removed)
so order is now SSDT,SSDT-0,SSDT-1,SSDT-2,SSDT-3,SSDT-4,SSDT-5,SSDT-9,...

Didn`t apply the PNOT/PPNT Patch and neither HPET Fix this time

Still same issue.i have no idea what to do now.

BTW Rehabman,i have the SD Card Reader detected on the menu bar,but when i right click on it,i have grayed Unknown Card type and Power Off Card,i was wondering if it might cause any issue related to sleep ?

Still same issue.i have no idea what to do now.

Provide details on "same issue." Provide data.

Download patchmatic: https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-maciasl-patchmatic/downloads/RehabMan-patchmatic-2015-0107.zip
Extract the 'patchmatic' binary from the ZIP. Copy it to /usr/bin, such that you have the binary at /usr/bin/patchmatic.

In terminal,
Code:
if [ -d ~/Downloads/RehabMan ]; then rm -R ~/Downloads/RehabMan; fi
mkdir ~/Downloads/RehabMan
cd ~/Downloads/RehabMan
patchmatic -extract

Note: It is easier if you use copy/paste instead of typing the commands manually.

Post contents of Downloads/RehabMan directory (as ZIP).

Also, post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

And output from:
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc

Also, post EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory, especially if you have an overabundance of themes installed.

Also post output of:
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Compress all files as ZIP. Do not use external links. Attach all files using site attachments only.

BTW Rehabman,i have the SD Card Reader detected on the menu bar,but when i right click on it,i have grayed Unknown Card type and Power Off Card,i was wondering if it might cause any issue related to sleep ?

Likely incorrect ACPI patching.

Same Issue i meant: no change at all
now that i didnt apply the DSDT Patch:
USB_PRW(0x0D) and Rename XHC to XHC1 laptop wakes up instantly without it.
But even if i apply it,it sleeps ok,but doesnt wake up,just fan starts and the beep,beep,beep bios sound whiches forces me to force shut down button for 5 sec to turn it off.

Kext Cache Output:
Code:
Last login: Tue Feb 16 23:51:53 on ttys000Besniks-MacBook-Pro-2:~ besnik.n.rrustemi$ sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /
Password:
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext VoodooPS2Mouse.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext VoodooPS2Controller.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext IntelMausiEthernet.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext IntelBacklight.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakeSMC_LPCSensors.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakeSMC_GPUSensors.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakeSMC_CPUSensors.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakeSMC_ACPISensors.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakeSMC.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakePCIID.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext EAPDFix.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext CodecCommander.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67030 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA2A for kext AppleHDA_ALC292.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext ACPIBatteryManager.kext
Besniks-MacBook-Pro-2:~ besnik.n.rrustemi$

Kextsat:
Code:
Last login: Tue Feb 16 23:51:42 on ttys000Besniks-MacBook-Pro-2:~ besnik.n.rrustemi$ kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
   13    2 0xffffff7f8240c000 0x66000    0x66000    com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform (4.0) 3BE4E926-E063-3BBD-BE05-F6F97358C7A4 <12 11 7 6 5 4 3 1>
Besniks-MacBook-Pro-2:~ besnik.n.rrustemi$ kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
Besniks-MacBook-Pro-2:~ besnik.n.rrustemi$ kextstat|grep -y applelpc
   87    0 0xffffff7f81e17000 0x3000     0x3000     com.apple.driver.AppleLPC (3.1) 32BDCF9F-0473-32D4-9DAE-F523EFB2D244 <86 12 5 4 3>
Besniks-MacBook-Pro-2:~ besnik.n.rrustemi$

about the SD Card Reader: it showed up like this everytime on first boot without a single patch,just fresh first boot.

and here are the attached files:

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    18 MB · Views: 87
  • IOreg.zip
    470.4 KB · Views: 60
  • kext cache.txt
    2 KB · Views: 190
  • kextstat.txt
    583 bytes · Views: 151
  • RehabMan.zip
    40.7 KB · Views: 63
about the SD Card Reader: it showed up like this everytime on first boot without a single patch,just fresh first boot.

As should be expected without correct ACPI patches.

and here are the attached files:

Please post files as requested. EFI not requested. Provide only EFI/Clover. Be sure to strip themes per request. The resulting ZIP should only be 3-4mb.

Please post files as requested. EFI not requested. Provide only EFI/Clover. Be sure to strip themes per request.

Im Sorry,

here is the Clover folder without themes.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    3.1 MB · Views: 62
Im Sorry,

here is the Clover folder without themes.

Your ACPI configuration is incorrect:
- you have an _OSI->XOSI patch in config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Patches, but you have not implemented XOSI (it would be in a separate SSDT or patched DSDT/SSDT). You should probably remove the _OSI->XOSI patch since you already have done "OS Check Fix" (two solutions to the same problem, not necessary to implement both, and definitely bad to implement XOSI only halfway).
- _PRW patch (0x0d) not applied (?). It is generally needed to avoid "instant wake".
- might need HPET patch (you can try without, as it might work with the _OSI problem fixed, but add it if sleep still problematic). It is one of the patches listed in "Common patches".

Why did you change _PSS to PSS, _TSS to TSS in SSDT-10? That is not a valid edit. Same goes for _PCT to PCT in SSDT-4 (and methods 'Return(0)' by default, so no need to add such code). More of the same in SSDT-5 (_PDC->PDC).

Do not make changes that are not needed.

Other notes:
- no need to remove _PRW from ADP1 (that is a patch used prior to ACPIBatteryManager containing a AC adapter device handler)
- don't rename _T_x to T_x. It is not needed and just causes extra diffs
- you only need "Backlight Fix" for IntelBacklight.kext. It is not necessary to use the more complex patches generally used with ACPIBacklight.kext.

Thank you very much!
im going to re-disassemble,re-patch DSDT & SSDT`s according to your response.

- you only need "Backlight Fix" for IntelBacklight.kext. It is not necessary to use the more complex patches generally used with ACPIBacklight.kext.

1 more question: where should i apply the Backlight Fix: DSDT or SSDT-9(gpu) ?

1 more question: where should i apply the Backlight Fix: DSDT or SSDT-9(gpu) ?

It doesn't matter.

As described in the guide, it can be applied to either an SSDT or DSDT (but only one of them).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back