i7-3770
Graphics
Intel HD 3000 | GTX 1650 LP
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello Guys,

i was wondering if any of u had experience or knows a compatible Mini PCI-E wifi replacement card for Lenovo ThinkPad L440
Mine does have the Intel Dual Band AC7260 abgn which isn't supported.
Is there a supported Mac Compatible wifi card without the need of patching bios for it ?!

Thank you Rehabman !!

i did read the entire post and learned some new things aswell.
the BCM94352Z seems to be the best one and i plan to order it
My Question is:
How does that rebranding work:
is something like a Software change into the OS or does it change something to the Wifi Card memory/Bios itself ?
like if it is software does it remove that bios popup messsage about unsupported card (like os tells bios its supported) so i can reboot normally ?
And last thing is is there a tutorial/guide on how to do it ?

Thank you for your fast Feedbacks. :thumbup:

Thank you Rehabman !!

i did read the entire post and learned some new things aswell.
the BCM94352Z seems to be the best one and i plan to order it
My Question is:
How does that rebranding work:
is something like a Software change into the OS or does it change something to the Wifi Card memory/Bios itself ?
like if it is software does it remove that bios popup messsage about unsupported card (like os tells bios its supported) so i can reboot normally ?
And last thing is is there a tutorial/guide on how to do it ?

Thank you for your fast Feedbacks. :thumbup:

There is no method for rebranding the BCM94352Z that I know of. You will need to have a BIOS that accepts it. Rebranding is more for AR9280.

AR9280 AR5BXB92 is ok for me and much cheaper too,the only thing is that it doesn't have bluetooth but i actually never used it before so i can survive that.
So Does rebranding bypass that bios message popup ?,so i can reboot normal like it didn't have bios whitelist ?

AR9280 AR5BXB92 is ok for me and much cheaper too,the only thing is that it doesn't have bluetooth but i actually never used it before so i can survive that.
So Does rebranding bypass that bios message popup ?,so i can reboot normal like it didn't have bios whitelist ?

With a rebrand, you will not have a BIOS error. BIOS will see the card as something it is not. Depending on the nature of the rebrand, it may be non-functional in Windows (USB WiFi is quite good on Windows though).

That seems to be Perfect.
Windows for me is the past(even though i found rebranding guides for win too).OS X does everything better for what i do,i tried to but i just can live without OSX anymore :D
i plan to make a website and a youtube Channel Tech related : Guides/Reviews,etc
So OS X is better on this department and will use this laptop till i get enough money to buy a real Mac Pro/Macbook Pro.
Remaining Fixes:
  • Wifi (fixing soon with that rebranding and ar9280)
  • Sleep (will give it a try with genericusbxhci)
  • other Function Keys (vol +/-/mute working)(brightness +- fixed)
  • the red Gummy Mouse on middle of keyboard*trackpad or how is it called*(touchpad is working fine)
  • Card Reader (which isnt a big deal at all since i have a all in one USB Card Reader)

Should i make separate posts for each of the issues or make a single one ?
After i fix those i can maybe make a success (guide) for Lenovo ThinkPad L440.

That seems to be Perfect.
Windows for me is the past(even though i found rebranding guides for win too).OS X does everything better for what i do,i tried to but i just can live without OSX anymore :D
i plan to make a website and a youtube Channel Tech related : Guides/Reviews,etc
So OS X is better on this department and will use this laptop till i get enough money to buy a real Mac Pro/Macbook Pro.
Remaining Fixes:
  • Wifi (fixing soon with that rebranding and ar9280)
  • Sleep (will give it a try with genericusbxhci)
  • other Function Keys (vol +/-/mute working)(brightness +- fixed)
  • the red Gummy Mouse on middle of keyboard*trackpad or how is it called*(touchpad is working fine)
  • Card Reader (which isnt a big deal at all since i have a all in one USB Card Reader)

Should i make separate posts for each of the issues or make a single one ?
After i fix those i can maybe make a success (guide) for Lenovo ThinkPad L440.

Sleep not dependent on GenericUSBXHCI.kext. It is unlikely your laptop even has non-Intel USB.

Most topics are covered in the FAQ.

Sleep not dependent on GenericUSBXHCI.kext. It is unlikely your laptop even has non-Intel USB.

Most topics are covered in the FAQ.

Wanted to give another shot since i learned a lot from last time.
i just did a clean install on 10.11.3
Laptop does have intel 8 series / C220 Series USB
i patched DSDT & Graphics (SSDT-7) according to the guides.
(dumped ACPI Tables from linux)
Laptop does sleep without a problem but doesnt wake up,when u press power button to wake the laptop:
CPU fan start screen
Screen Stays Black
and like after 1 sec starts the Beep,beep,beep bios sound.
i have to keep the power button pressed till i shut it down the hard way.

i dont know what it is,im thinking if i did not drop tables correctly or missing a small patch or something.
Will upload my efi folder and ioreg.

Attachments

• ACPI Tables(Linux).zip
    40.5 KB · Views: 79
  • Besnik’s MacBook Pro.ioreg
    4.9 MB · Views: 132
  • EFI.zip
    17.9 MB · Views: 85
Wanted to give another shot since i learned a lot from last time.
i just did a clean install on 10.11.3
Laptop does have intel 8 series / C220 Series USB
i patched DSDT & Graphics (SSDT-7) according to the guides.
(dumped ACPI Tables from linux)
Laptop does sleep without a problem but doesnt wake up,when u press power button to wake the laptop:
CPU fan start screen
Screen Stays Black
and like after 1 sec starts the Beep,beep,beep bios sound.
i have to keep the power button pressed till i shut it down the hard way.

i dont know what it is,im thinking if i did not drop tables correctly or missing a small patch or something.
Will upload my efi folder and ioreg.

Best to patch against EFI/Clover/ACPI/origin as it is easier to compare against native.

Keep all SSDTs.

See guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capitan-laptop-support/152573-guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back