Contribute
Register

Target is not convertible to APFS: This volume is not formatted as Mac OS Extended

Status
Not open for further replies.
Installation kept failing in my other system too, but I kept trying and after the third try it worked. Then I moved the SSD back to my desktop and booted it just fine. I still have no idea what caused that issue. I even downloaded a fresh High Sierra installed from the app store 3 times.

Man, I'm having the same issue, but unfortunately I don't have access to a Linus system to convert the hard drive to APFS... any other ideas how what to do?

Man, I'm having the same issue, but unfortunately I don't have access to a Linus system to convert the hard drive to APFS... any other ideas how what to do?

With installer try formatting or erasing in fat32 then use HFS. There may be windows remnants that won’t let you format into hfs or apfs.

With installer try formatting or erasing in fat32 then use HFS. There may be windows remnants that won’t let you format into hfs or apfs.
Yeah that didn't work :( it's honestly pretty frustrating. I even tried making a 10.13.5 installer and same issue.

10.13.5 installer is kicking out the error "unable to setup bless on disk"

I can't get past here, it will either say this error or just shut the computer off. I tried on a harddrive and a Solid state drive, same issues. I literately can't install the os, super weird.. :

Tried over 10 times now; using unibeast with fresh 10.13.4 and 10.13.5 downloads

Attachments

• IMG_20180603_104157.jpg
    IMG_20180603_104157.jpg
    6.8 MB · Views: 1,382
  • IMG_20180603_104153.jpg
    IMG_20180603_104153.jpg
    7.6 MB · Views: 1,393
Hmm..why is this thread marked as [Solved] when there is no solution here?

Seems to be something related to 370 motherboards as I didn't had any issue with a h270-Pro4 and the same NVMe SSD...

Formatting to other formats first doesn't help at all....also when formatting as APFS in the installers disk utility doesn't help....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back