Contribute
Register

Target is not convertible to APFS: This volume is not formatted as Mac OS Extended

Status
Not open for further replies.
How was it solved? anyone knows? I'm having a similar problem and don't get around it nor find solutions here in the forums.
apfs.efi is in the folder and the drive (SSD) is visible by disk utility. Tried formatting as APFS and MacOS extended journal (hfs?)
but still get the weird titular error.

Attachments

• 20181124_224320.jpg
    20181124_224320.jpg
    10.4 MB · Views: 250
  • 20181124_224219_HDR.jpg
    20181124_224219_HDR.jpg
    6.7 MB · Views: 241
Last edited:
Feel awful and am terribly sorry but I'm gonna bump this post since I'm desperate..
Still not solved. Have tried all of the above and more and it didn't help.

How was it solved? anyone knows? I'm having a similar problem and don't get around it nor find solutions here in the forums.
apfs.efi is in the folder and the drive (SSD) is visible by disk utility. Tried formatting as APFS and MacOS extended journal (hfs?)
but still get the weird titular error.
click on view at the top of disk utility and choose to show all devices

then erase the drive

click on view at the top of disk utility and choose to show all devices

then erase the drive
Thanks! I've erased the Drive numerous times. tried changing from MBR to GPT and many other trickery. Due Diligence, I've just tried again but the same error followed by a crash occurs.. looked at drive info and it said drive is not writable. seems wrong?

Attachments

• 20181127_123203.jpg
    20181127_123203.jpg
    9 MB · Views: 189
Last edited:
Thanks! I've erased the Drive numerous times. tried changing from MBR to GPT and many other trickery. Due Diligence, I've just tried again but the same error followed by a crash occurs.. looked at drive info and it said drive is not writable. seems wrong?
close that window and show me a pic of the disk utility window

Attachments

• 20181127_124439.jpg
    20181127_124439.jpg
    9.8 MB · Views: 280
i assume you click on Samsung and then click erase?
yes. Then choose a title for the volume. Format: i try hfs+ or APFS and scheme i choose GUID partition map.
I can boot to a live linux install if that is any help

same error. same due diligence. nothing working....

Did anyone get a solution on this? I got the same error; tried everything but it doesn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back