Contribute
Register

Target is not convertible to APFS: This volume is not formatted as Mac OS Extended

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Acer Predator PH517-51
CPU
i7 8750H
Graphics
GTX 1070 G-Sync Panel
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
My installer keeps failing with that error (title). I can't get it working.. I tried to use terminal and format the drive as JHFS+ but it still gives the same error.. Anyone know how to fix?

My installer keeps failing with that error (title). I can't get it working.. I tried to use terminal and format the drive as JHFS+ but it still gives the same error.. Anyone know how to fix?
Use the installer and at the Utilities screen use Disk Utility to format the drive.

Use the installer and at the Utilities screen use Disk Utility to format the drive.
I have like 15 times now.. :C I have tried with a harddrive and a ssd; that's when I tried using terminal

I have like 15 times now.. :C I have tried with a harddrive and a ssd; that's when I tried using terminal
Make sure that View -> Show All Devices is selected in Disk Utility and that you are erasing the top level of the disk.
Another thing that you can try is to format/erase the drive with another operating system.

Make sure that View -> Show All Devices is selected in Disk Utility and that you are erasing the top level of the disk.
Another thing that you can try is to format/erase the drive with another operating system.
Yeah.. I am going to boot ubuntu and format the ssd and try again. Super weird... never had this issue before.. Thanks for the help btw!

Yeah.. I am going to boot ubuntu and format the ssd and try again. Super weird... never had this issue before.. Thanks for the help btw!
You didn't mention that it was an SSD before, make sure that you have apfs.efi in /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/ on the EFI partition of your installer.

You didn't mention that it was an SSD before, make sure that you have apfs.efi in /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/ on the EFI partition of your installer.
Oh sorry forgot to mention that, but yeah I do have afps.efi

Didn't work; even tried formating drive in Ubuntu.. installer resets with same error.. this is annoying. Never had this issue before.

Going to try and install on the SSD from a different system then transfer it over...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back