Aorus Z370 Gaming 7
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
GTX 970
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,
I have been trying to install the 10.12 public beta on my machine, over my current install. However, I simply can't boot the installer. My system restarts during the Apple logo w/ the progress bar.
At first I was trying a "normal installation", using the installer directly, to no success. Then I tried following the forum's guide but I got the same problem. A weird thing is that after this error occurs, my OS partition won't boot. I have to enter single user mode, do "ckfs -fy" and "mount -uw" so I can boot again.
I also noticed that when using "nv_disable=1" and "-v", the system would print "considerRebuildOfPrelinkedKernel org.netkas.FakeSMC triggered rebuild" and then print something like "hfs:set veryLowDisk ..." several times, before freezing.
When I don't use "nv_disable=1", it simply restarts at some point (takes longer with -v but that's normal, I think).

I have a Z77X-UP5 TH, 3770K, MSI NVidia GTX 970, running on a 240GB Samsung 750 EVO SSD, with 4 other drives connected through SATA, one of them a GPT NTFS drive with Windows 10.
I'm using the latest Clover build from sourceforge (3625) and I tried using nv_disable=1, -x and using my working config.plist from El Capitan.
I still haven't tried installing with the other drives disabled or without my GPU (the first one is easier to do, the second is more trouble).
I would attach my boot logs but I couldn't locate them.

Update: tried without the other disks and also with IGFX as primary, no difference.
Here is a pic of the last few lines of verbose before it hangs.
IMG_1598.JPG

Update 2: Solved it by unplugging the graphics card and using onboard Intel HD4000. However it seems that along the way my boot disk was corrupted, so I had to wipe it and restore a backup. Veeeery strange.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back