Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] Stuck on "Service only ran for 0 seconds. Pushing respawn out by 10 seconds."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI Z270 GAMING M3
CPU
Intel Core i7-7700K
Graphics
Gigabyte AORUS GeForce GTX 1070Ti 8G Overclocked
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Hi all,
First time creating a Hackintosh. I'm running in Verbose mode for the very first time, and I'm getting stuck at:
Sat Feb 24 03:00:54 2018 iMac.local com.apple.xpc.launchd(1) (com.apple.WindowServer.540*) <Warning>: Service exited with abnormal code:1
Sat Feb 24 03:00:54 2018 iMac.local com.apple.xpc.launchd(1) (com.apple.WindowServer) <Notice>: Service only ran for 0 seconds. Pushing respawn out by 10 seconds.
What do I need to do? I'm totally new to this.

Here's my build:
Processor: Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake 4.2 GHz LGA
Motherboard: MSI Z270 GAMING M3 LGA 1151 ATX Intel Motherboard
GPU: Gigabyte AORUS GeForce GTX 1070Ti 8G Overclocked Triple-Fan 8GB GDDR5 PCIe Video Card
PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G3 750 Watt 80 Plus Gold ATX Power Supply
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 2 x 8GB DDR4-3000 PC4-24000 CL16 Dual Channel Desktop Memory Kit
Fan: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Universal CPU Cooler
WiFi Card: TP-LINK Archer T9E AC1900 Wireless Dual Band PCI-Express Adapter​

*This 3-digit number changes periodically, but this has been going on for around 40 minutes.

**Yes, I'm using a TV as a monitor because I'm out of town and using what I have. I could bring my box, but not my monitor.

Attachments

• IMG_7231.JPG
    IMG_7231.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,034
Hi all,
First time creating a Hackintosh. I'm running in Verbose mode for the very first time, and I'm getting stuck at:
Sat Feb 24 03:00:54 2018 iMac.local com.apple.xpc.launchd(1) (com.apple.WindowServer.540*) <Warning>: Service exited with abnormal code:1
Sat Feb 24 03:00:54 2018 iMac.local com.apple.xpc.launchd(1) (com.apple.WindowServer) <Notice>: Service only ran for 0 seconds. Pushing respawn out by 10 seconds.
What do I need to do? I'm totally new to this.

Here's my build:
Processor: Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake 4.2 GHz LGA
Motherboard: MSI Z270 GAMING M3 LGA 1151 ATX Intel Motherboard
GPU: Gigabyte AORUS GeForce GTX 1070Ti 8G Overclocked Triple-Fan 8GB GDDR5 PCIe Video Card
PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G3 750 Watt 80 Plus Gold ATX Power Supply
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 2 x 8GB DDR4-3000 PC4-24000 CL16 Dual Channel Desktop Memory Kit
Fan: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Universal CPU Cooler
WiFi Card: TP-LINK Archer T9E AC1900 Wireless Dual Band PCI-Express Adapter​

*This 3-digit number changes periodically, but this has been going on for around 40 minutes.

**Yes, I'm using a TV as a monitor because I'm out of town and using what I have. I could bring my box, but not my monitor.
That error is seen when your PCIE NVIDIA Graphics card without an Nvidia Webdriver installed, is trying to control Video to Monitor Display.
You have to install macOS High Sierra to the System Disk using the Intel Integrated HD 630 using BIOS >Graphics as IGFX and DVMT Pre-Allocated Memory set at 128M (minimum 64M) with Nvidia Graphics card PHYSICALLY REMOVED from the PCIE slot.
You can then install Nvidia PCIE card as second step when the system its running perfectly well on Intel HD 630 without USB installer to help it in booting, ie. the system has Clover and all needed kexts and System Definition and the config.plist perfectly edited to make use of installed kexts to boot.
For detailed steps: check #4

Removing the graphics card has definitely helped, and I have installed High Sierra. But now, when I boot, I'm getting the "does printf work??" message.

I seem to be able to get rid of this by adding either "GraphicsEnabler=No" or "IGPEnabler=Yes," but then I get stuck in an infinite loop of "Hash data from ME never returned, status = 1, doing retry #."

I see in this article that adding "-disablegfxfirmware" as a boot argument in Clover will fix that. However, when I add it, it takes me back to the "does printf work??" message (even if I use of the "fixes" I listed above).

So I'm kind of stuck again :/

But the graphics card removal was great. Thanks for the help there!

Removing the graphics card has definitely helped, and I have installed High Sierra. But now, when I boot, I'm getting the "does printf work??" message.

I seem to be able to get rid of this by adding either "GraphicsEnabler=No" or "IGPEnabler=Yes," but then I get stuck in an infinite loop of "Hash data from ME never returned, status = 1, doing retry #."

I see in this article that adding "-disablegfxfirmware" as a boot argument in Clover will fix that. However, when I add it, it takes me back to the "does printf work??" message (even if I use of the "fixes" I listed above).

So I'm kind of stuck again :/

But the graphics card removal was great. Thanks for the help there!
Try booting with slide=0.
Don't waste your time with GraphicsEnabler=No etc, it is for the Chimera boot loader and has no effect in Clover.

Ahh ok. I tried slide=0 after looking at some other posts with the same issue, but it didn’t work either :/

Ahh ok. I tried slide=0 after looking at some other posts with the same issue, but it didn’t work either :/
  • I am not sure if I can help, but upload the CLOVER (as a compressed file) from the System disk that boots with this error.
  • I will take a look to find anything offending there causing it.

• I am not sure if I can help, but upload the CLOVER (as a compressed file) from the System disk that boots with this error.
  • I will take a look to find anything offending there causing it.
I really appreciate the help. I turned it off and unplugged the PSU overnight, and I got up and booted normally, adding “-disablegfxfirmware,” and it ran perfectly. Now I’m in High Sierra, and I’m running MultiBeast.

But now I can’t install NVIDIA Web Drivers. It says you must be running 10.13.3. The problem is that I am running 10.13.3...

Sorry for all the lack of knowledge on my end. Totally new to this.

But now I can’t install NVIDIA Web Drivers. It says you must be running 10.13.3. The problem is that I am running 10.13.3...
This actually works. Had to use the last link given in the Installation Guide. Sorry!

I really appreciate the help. I turned it off and unplugged the PSU overnight, and I got up and booted normally, adding “-disablegfxfirmware,” and it ran perfectly. Now I’m in High Sierra, and I’m running MultiBeast.

Sorry for all the lack of knowledge on my end. Totally new to this.
No problem. Knowledge is what you gain when you seek with passion!:)

• macOS High Sierra 10.13.3 is the "Version number".
  • For 10.13.3 there are different "Build Numbers"
  • For each Build number you have separate Nvidia WebDriver to choose[See uploaded screen shot from Tonymac Nvidia downloads at https://www.tonymacx86.com/nvidia-drivers/
  • To find your 10.13.3's Build number:
    • Click Apple from Top Menubar>About This Mac >OverView
    • In "Overview", click on "Version" number to spring open ("Build" number) [See a composite image of 2 Overview images]

Attachments

• 1.Nvidia eb Drivers for Build Numbers of 10.13.3.png
    1.Nvidia eb Drivers for Build Numbers of 10.13.3.png
    63.8 KB · Views: 856
  • 2.macOS High Sierra Version and Build Numbers.png
    2.macOS High Sierra Version and Build Numbers.png
    119.2 KB · Views: 703
Oh cool. Thanks! I really do appreciate all of the help. I couldn't do this without y'all.

The problem I'm having now is odd to me (as if the rest weren't haha). Everything boots fine so far, but it's not recognizing my GTX 1070 Ti. When it boots, the preference pane has 2 options: NVIDIA Web Driver and Default macOS Graphics Driver, but the Default macOS Graphics Driver is checked.

So I thought that was weird and went to About This Mac, and it says:
"Graphics Display 5 MB"

instead of my graphics card.

Did I do something wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back