i5-2500K
Graphics
HD 6870
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android
Hi,

I have a problem that I cannot fix and have not found a solution anywhere. This has happened to more than one hacks I have (Skylake and Sandy Bridge) on both 10.12 and 10.13 . I run both machines with CsrActiveConfig 0x67 (no SIP).

When I manually update some kexts in /L/E or /S/L/E and trigger the system cache rebuild with any of the following commands:

```
touch /L/E
touch /S/L/E
sudo kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel
sudo kextcache -system-caches
sudo kextcache -v 2 -u /
```
on the next boot I get stucked on a `considerRebuildOfPrelinkedKernel com.*.* triggered rebuild` where the module is usually the FakeSMC (updated in it's latest version) or USBInjectAll or the network kext. It stucks there for ever.

In order to boot I have to boot through the recovery partition delete the kexts that I have installed and boot again. Then I get an message `BootCache: too many history clusters (201, limit 200)` and after some seconds I up and running.

My understanding is that we cannot boot anymore without the kernel caches using the later Clover or MacOS.

Any idea why this is happening and how I can debug it?

Thanks!!!!

P1LGRIM

Motherboard
Lenovo ThinkStation p300 ⌘
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
HD 4600
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Classic Mac
Power Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
When I manually update some kexts in /L/E or /S/L/E and trigger the system cache rebuild with any of the following commands:

touch /L/E
touch /S/L/E
In the past I have used sudo touch rather than touch and never had the problem.
But now I use sudo kextcache -i /

My understanding is that we cannot boot anymore without the kernel caches using the later Clover or MacOS.
The version of Clover by @RehabMan retains the ability to boot without caches although you can still use -f and UseKernelCache=No too.

Motherboard
Asus P8P67 B3 3.0
CPU
i5-2500K
Graphics
HD 6870
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android
Thanks P1LFRIM,

I did not know that there was a Clover version by @RehabMan. I will try that!

The `sudo kextcache -i /` has the same effect (does not work).

Any idea of what this `considerRebuildOfPrelinkedKernel com.*.* triggered rebuild` is?

Thanks!

Motherboard
Asus P8P67 B3 3.0
CPU
i5-2500K
Graphics
HD 6870
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android
Last edited: