Gigabyte Designare Z390
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,

I have a problem that I cannot fix and have not found a solution anywhere. This has happened to more than one hacks I have (Skylake and Sandy Bridge) on both 10.12 and 10.13 . I run both machines with CsrActiveConfig 0x67 (no SIP).

When I manually update some kexts in /L/E or /S/L/E and trigger the system cache rebuild with any of the following commands:

```
touch /L/E
touch /S/L/E
sudo kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel
sudo kextcache -system-caches
sudo kextcache -v 2 -u /
```
on the next boot I get stucked on a `considerRebuildOfPrelinkedKernel com.*.* triggered rebuild` where the module is usually the FakeSMC (updated in it's latest version) or USBInjectAll or the network kext. It stucks there for ever.

In order to boot I have to boot through the recovery partition delete the kexts that I have installed and boot again. Then I get an message `BootCache: too many history clusters (201, limit 200)` and after some seconds I up and running.

My understanding is that we cannot boot anymore without the kernel caches using the later Clover or MacOS.

Any idea why this is happening and how I can debug it?

Thanks!!!!

When I manually update some kexts in /L/E or /S/L/E and trigger the system cache rebuild with any of the following commands:

touch /L/E
touch /S/L/E

In the past I have used sudo touch rather than touch and never had the problem.
But now I use sudo kextcache -i /

My understanding is that we cannot boot anymore without the kernel caches using the later Clover or MacOS.
The version of Clover by @RehabMan retains the ability to boot without caches although you can still use -f and UseKernelCache=No too.

Thanks P1LFRIM,

I did not know that there was a Clover version by @RehabMan. I will try that!

The `sudo kextcache -i /` has the same effect (does not work).

Any idea of what this `considerRebuildOfPrelinkedKernel com.*.* triggered rebuild` is?

Thanks!

@vulgo the problem was not the caches, it is the nvdia driver itself. Thanks guys for the great help!

It turns out that the machine was not stuck. I could ssh successfully into the server. The problem was caused by the NVIDIA alternative drivers. It turns out that the only to make the machine boot successfully after reboot is enabling SIP when installing 387.10.10.10.25.156 NVIDIA alternative drivers.

I will further post here https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...3-387-10-10-10-25.243857/page-32#post-1686518

Thanks!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back