Contribute
Register

[Solved] Stuck in Clover Boot Manager - Sierra 10.12.5 / Z170X / kabylake /GTX 1060

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Designare
CPU
Core i7 7700K
Graphics
Radeon 6600 Sapphire (before: GeForce 1060)
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello everyone.
I'm new (and french), so I'll try to be as clear as possible ;-)

• Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Designare
• CPU : Core i7 7700K
• Ventirad : be quiet! Pure Rock
• GPU GeForce 1060
• WiFi AC : TP-Link Archer T9E
• Corsair VS650
• SSD : Crucial MX300 525Go - SATA
• HyperX FURY RED DDR4 2 X 8 Go 2400 MHZ CAS 15
+ Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX

I follow a french tutorial (https://www.mac4ever.com/dossiers/1...017-thunderbolt-3-geforce-1080ti-et-kaby-lake) and after installing Sierra :
I choose the options in Clover configurator as mentioned,
I install the last Nvidia drivers for my GTX 1060
& I restart on my SSD.
When the "Clover Boot Manager" appears, I choose my SSD but the computer restart and is back in "Clover Boot Manager" !

- When I restart in verbose mode, I got this :
FullSizeRender.jpg

- I realized in the Clover options that the fakeCPUID change in 0x000506E3 … ???

- I tried to follow another tutorial (https://9to5mac.com/2017/04/28/buil...h-installing-macos-sierra-step-by-step-video/) … but at step#8 : same situation.

Some ideas ? No replies from the others forums & I get stuck for some days …
Thanks in advance.

First, update your profile with your specs.
For your problem :
1) re-check your Bios settings as per the "installation guide" above.
2) Make sur that csractiveconfig is set to 0x67 in config.plist
3) If still the problem, use OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi (so without the 2), see if it helps.
4) 0506E3 is needed as you are using a KabyLake CPU. Be 100% sure that you always boot with that.

Hello.
Thanks for you help.
1. I checked my Bios
2. … I don't find where is csractiveconfig in Clover Configurator …

I found it ;-) …

So :
1. I checked my Bios
2. I set csractiveconfig to 0x67 in config.plist
… But same issue.
Then I install everything again + I use OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi (so without the 2)
… Same issue.

Nb : I'm always booting with fakeCPUID 0506E3 but after the install of Sierra & Clover Configurator options, when I start again, the Clover option fakeCPUID is : 0x00506E3
… Ans still stuck in the Clover Boot Manager …

Are you able to access Sierra when booting via the USB drive ?
If yes, copy your config.plist from your USB drive and replace the one on your Sierra HDD in EFI/CLOVER

If it does not work, attached your config.plist (the one that you try to boot with)

Last edited:
I have the same issue. Did you solve it?

When I boot from the usb drive, I can't access to Sierra. I just can install again Sierra. (And then start from de ssd -> multibeast -> clover EFI-> clover configurator).
Sorry, but I'm not so pro in this : how can I get the config.plist ?
Thanks again.

@CrashMidnick

Hello.i'm back again.
So I install everything again, following the step by step french tutorial.

When I was in Sierra, I copied config.plist from my USB drive and replace the one on Sierra HDD in EFI/CLOVER.

Then, in Clover Configurator, I selected the options required (+ set the csractiveconfig to 0x67)
… But same pb (stuck in Clover Boot Manager with Clover option fakeCPUID : 0x00506E3)

Here, attached, the config.plist

Attachments

• config.plist
    3.9 KB · Views: 266
Try the config.plist attached.
I you need to reinstall Sierra, you need to replace this file in EFI/CLOVER on your HDD AFTER installing Clover via Multibeast, and BEFORE 1st reboot. Use clover configurator to mount your HDD EFI. Do not install anything else with multibeast at the moment, only Clover in UEFI mode.

If I were you, I would follow the guide here and not the French one, IMHO the one here is more simple and do not say too much useless things. It is up to you.

Attachments

• config.plist
    4.7 KB · Views: 264
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back