Contribute
Register

[solved] Stuck at Apple Logo on Lenovo Miix 720 High Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, RehabMan. I just realized I was actually doing it backwards, but I believe I have corrected myself.

So, I am still using the plist for 6xx series, I booted up with 0x12345678 ig-platform-id and 0x59168086 Fake ID, rebuilt my cache, changed my ig-platform-id to 0x5916b000, and rebooted with that.

This is what I am currently getting through verbose, and here is my current Clover.zip as well.

(I can work on getting the rest of the Problem Reporting tools on my system, but I just wanted to post this to see if it is a simple fix or not).

View attachment 319968

Maybe you have FakeSMC.kext installed to the system volume, but forgot to also install Lilu.kext + IntelGraphicsFixup.kext.

Maybe you have FakeSMC.kext installed to the system volume, but forgot to also install Lilu.kext + IntelGraphicsFixup.kext.

I believe I have them all in /EFI/Clover/kexts/Other atm. Would that be cause of the issue? I was just trying to keep things out of the Extension folder for now since it's still in an unstable state.

Also, would the DMVT fixup kext be a good or bad thing? I'm assuming I don't need it since I'm using the patch in your config.plist. Also, I'm using the AppleALC.kext since I've seen some people have issues when they don't have it (that might have been them using a version that wasn't compatible with Lilu though).

Edit: My screen resolution is 2880x1920. I’m not sure if that information is helpful or not.

Last edited:
Edit: My screen resolution is 2880x1920. I’m not sure if that information is helpful or not.

You might need CoreDisplayFixup.kext.

You might need CoreDisplayFixup.kext.
Ok. I added that kext, and it doesn't seem to have changed anything. I'm going to attempt rebuilding my cache once more. I don't believe that should change anything though. Is it necessary to have any of the kexts I am adding (i.e. FakeSMC.kext, Lilu.kext, IntelGraphicsFixup.kext, and CoreDisplayFixup.kext) to SLE or LE?

Ok. I added that kext, and it doesn't seem to have changed anything. I'm going to attempt rebuilding my cache once more. I don't believe that should change anything though. Is it necessary to have any of the kexts I am adding (i.e. FakeSMC.kext, Lilu.kext, IntelGraphicsFixup.kext, and CoreDisplayFixup.kext) to SLE or LE?

Read post #2 of the Clover guide and the FAQ for details on where/how to install kexts:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Read post #2 of the Clover guide and the FAQ for details on where/how to install kexts

Ok. I have all of my kexts in /Library/Extensions, I have your config.plist for for graphics, I boot into HS using ig-platform-id 0x12345678 (from the Clover Bootloader), I build the cache using 'sudo kextcache -i /', then I reboot into macOS without changing the ig-platform-id. Still no dice.

I am uploading a zip with all of my current kexts in it. These are in my Other folder from the EFI and in my /Library/Extensions/. I am also going to upload my terminal output from rebuilding my cache.

Attachments

• Other.zip
    881.4 KB · Views: 51
  • terminal.txt
    3.3 KB · Views: 154
Finally, I got my graphics working just fine! I'm going to upload my Clover.zip information just in case anyone wants it.

Screen Shot 2018-03-22 at 11.08.02 AM.png

Now, to move on to getting proper touchpad functionality, possibly touchscreen, and sound working.

Thank you for all your help so far, Rehabman and Feartech. I will return here if I need any help later.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-03-22 at 11.08.02 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-03-22 at 11.08.02 AM.png
    297.5 KB · Views: 63
  • CLOVER.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 84
Now, to move on to getting proper touchpad functionality, possibly touchscreen, and sound working.

This thread marked solved.

Not quite sure if I should use this thread again, but I don't see the need of an entirely new thread for a bit of an extension to the original problem.

I have full graphics, backlight, and battery working. My touchpad is...odd. I'm discussing it in depth on the Gitter of VoodooI2C. It is recognized as a mouse right off the bat, so there's that I guess. It works.

My current issue is the sound though. It supports playback through the headphone jack and bluetooth (when it decides to work), and even the microphone works. The only thing not working, are the on board speakers. I've tried AppleALC with several layouts (I know for a fact it is using the codec ALC0236 though).

I am attaching Problem Reporting files, and hoping for any and all help. Keep in mind that this is a new install of macOS with no current attempts to modify audio (those were on the previous installs). Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• debug_6636.zip
    3 MB · Views: 66
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back