Contribute
Register

[solved] [Sleep/Wake Problem] Instant wake from sleep GLAN EHC2

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Sleep/Wake Problem] Instant wake from sleep GLAN EHC2

Must update all updated files previously requested.

okay, got them ready here, i compressed Clover folder, ioreg, patchmatic extracts all in this zip file. View attachment newer_version.zip

also, there is the results according to the command

Code:
[B]kextstat|grep -y acpiplat[/B]

13    2 0xffffff7f82430000 0x66000    0x66000    com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform (4.0) 3BE4E926-E063-3BBD-BE05-F6F97358C7A4 <12 11 7 6 5 4 3 1>

[B]kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
[/B] 
22    0 0xffffff7f822a9000 0x2b000    0x2b000    com.apple.driver.AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement (218.0.0) D468813F-426F-3E06-AFFB-27223068DDD6 <7 6 5 4 3 1>
30    0 0xffffff7f822a4000 0x3000     0x3000     com.apple.driver.AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementClient (218.0.0) 99C8A694-575D-32C8-B319-1BB8F5518D97 <7 6 5 4 3 1>

[B]kextstat|grep -y applelpc
[/B] 
80    0 0xffffff7f82132000 0x3000     0x3000     com.apple.driver.AppleLPC (3.1) 32BDCF9F-0473-32D4-9DAE-F523EFB2D244 <76 12 5 4 3>

[B]sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /
[/B] 
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext IntelBacklight.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakeSMC_LPCSensors.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakeSMC_GPUSensors.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakeSMC_CPUSensors.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakeSMC_ACPISensors.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakeSMC.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext ApplePS2Keyboard.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext ApplePS2Controller.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext ApplePS2SmartTouchPad.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67030 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA2A for kext aDummyHDA.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext ACPIBatteryManager.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext ACPIBacklight.kext

lets see whats up here. btw, i found a interesting thing, from the patch available on git, the os check fix [windows 8] shows no changes on my dsdt, so i cannot use this one, instead, i have to use the windows 7 one.

now, i got again, after sleep, trying to wake it, blacks out totally, have to hard reset with power button. previously, the restart after wake, guess was due to lack of HPET related patches. with these patches, still didn't fix, roll back to the black out issue.....o_O

okay, got them ready here, i compressed Clover folder, ioreg, patchmatic extracts all in this zip file. View attachment 173761

also, there is the results according to the command

Code:
[B]kextstat|grep -y acpiplat[/B]

13    2 0xffffff7f82430000 0x66000    0x66000    com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform (4.0) 3BE4E926-E063-3BBD-BE05-F6F97358C7A4 <12 11 7 6 5 4 3 1>

[B]kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
[/B] 
22    0 0xffffff7f822a9000 0x2b000    0x2b000    com.apple.driver.AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement (218.0.0) D468813F-426F-3E06-AFFB-27223068DDD6 <7 6 5 4 3 1>
30    0 0xffffff7f822a4000 0x3000     0x3000     com.apple.driver.AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementClient (218.0.0) 99C8A694-575D-32C8-B319-1BB8F5518D97 <7 6 5 4 3 1>

[B]kextstat|grep -y applelpc
[/B] 
80    0 0xffffff7f82132000 0x3000     0x3000     com.apple.driver.AppleLPC (3.1) 32BDCF9F-0473-32D4-9DAE-F523EFB2D244 <76 12 5 4 3>

[B]sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /
[/B] 
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext IntelBacklight.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakeSMC_LPCSensors.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakeSMC_GPUSensors.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakeSMC_CPUSensors.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakeSMC_ACPISensors.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakeSMC.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext ApplePS2Keyboard.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext ApplePS2Controller.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext ApplePS2SmartTouchPad.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67030 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA2A for kext aDummyHDA.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext ACPIBatteryManager.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext ACPIBacklight.kext

lets see whats up here. btw, i found a interesting thing, from the patch available on git, the os check fix [windows 8] shows no changes on my dsdt, so i cannot use this one, instead, i have to use the windows 7 one.

now, i got again, after sleep, trying to wake it, blacks out totally, have to hard reset with power button. previously, the restart after wake, guess was due to lack of HPET related patches. with these patches, still didn't fix, roll back to the black out issue.....o_O

Your ACPI/patched doesn't make sense.

Based on ACPI/origin, you should have:
DSDT.aml
SSDT.aml (from ssdtPRgen.sh)
SSDT-0.aml
SSDT-1.aml
SSDT-2.aml

And don't forget that DropOem=true is required when you have patched SSDTs in ACPI/patched.

And don't forget that SortedOrder must be used to specify the order that SSDTs load from ACPI/patched.

It is all covered quite clearly in the guide...

Your ACPI/patched doesn't make sense.

Based on ACPI/origin, you should have:
DSDT.aml
SSDT.aml (from ssdtPRgen.sh)
SSDT-0.aml
SSDT-1.aml
SSDT-2.aml

And don't forget that DropOem=true is required when you have patched SSDTs in ACPI/patched.

And don't forget that SortedOrder must be used to specify the order that SSDTs load from ACPI/patched.

It is all covered quite clearly in the guide...

I got dsdt and ssdts with Clover and Linux. so I have 2 sets of them.
when i was patching them for the 1st time, i think i accidentally use the set that generated by linux. they have different naming ways. clover ones are named by xxxx-x way.
when i re-patch the dsdt and fixed errors in ssdt from clover and re-test them, looks like it is working now. i can click on sleep and close lid to activate sleep mode and wake him by open the lid or press the power button. now it is working i guess. the wake reason is: power-button EHC2 (User), doesn't matters if i did press the button or open the lid. is this right?

indeed i didn't even know the patched ones in the patched folder has something to do with un-touched ones in original folder. do they?

I got dsdt and ssdts with Clover and Linux. so I have 2 sets of them.
when i was patching them for the 1st time, i think i accidentally use the set that generated by linux. they have different naming ways. clover ones are named by xxxx-x way.
when i re-patch the dsdt and fixed errors in ssdt from clover and re-test them, looks like it is working now. i can click on sleep and close lid to activate sleep mode and wake him by open the lid or press the power button. now it is working i guess. the wake reason is: power-button EHC2 (User), doesn't matters if i did press the button or open the lid. is this right?

indeed i didn't even know the patched ones in the patched folder has something to do with un-touched ones in original folder. do they?

Best to patch based on Clover F4 extract. Keep original names (makes for easy comparison). Don't forget about the other things I mentioned.

Best to patch based on Clover F4 extract. Keep original names (makes for easy comparison). Don't forget about the other things I mentioned.

yea...okay.

btw, i lost audio after wake from a sleep. i am using aDummyHDA.kext + config.plist on-the-fly idea. i remember there was a guide somewhere talking about this and gave the fix out. u have a reference link by hand?

got this codeccommand from your repo on bitbucket

from the readme, it says the difference is added ACPI configuration possibility instead of directly modify info.plist
Code:
[COLOR=#333333][FONT=Arial]By customizing via ACPI instead of modifying Info.plist, it can make upgrades to future versions of CodecCommander easier. It also means that future profiles do not need to be added to the kext itself, since customization is handled externally.
[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#333333][FONT=Arial]Other than ACPI configuration, the repositories are in sync.[/FONT][/COLOR]

from what i see after download the pack, there are 2 files, one is CodecCommander.kext, the other one is hda-verb.

Guess it's not as simple as just install the kext? hda-verb is the config script for customising? how do i do with my ALC269 VB v2? any wrote guide to follow?

oops, forget to say, seems like fast close lid sleep and wake with opening it, i don't loose audio. why am I loosing it after a longer sleep this afternoon? is this audio lost random? or has sth to do with long/short sleep?

Last edited:

got this codeccommand from your repo on bitbucket

from the readme, it says the difference is added ACPI configuration possibility instead of directly modify info.plist
Code:
[COLOR=#333333][FONT=Arial]By customizing via ACPI instead of modifying Info.plist, it can make upgrades to future versions of CodecCommander easier. It also means that future profiles do not need to be added to the kext itself, since customization is handled externally.
[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#333333][FONT=Arial]Other than ACPI configuration, the repositories are in sync.[/FONT][/COLOR]

from what i see after download the pack, there are 2 files, one is CodecCommander.kext, the other one is hda-verb.

Guess it's not as simple as just install the kext? hda-verb is the config script for customising? how do i do with my ALC269 VB v2? any wrote guide to follow?

By installing the kext, it will take care of EAPD issues automatically.

Customization for other problems is a fairly complex topic and requires skills and familiarity with the Intel HDA spec.

By installing the kext, it will take care of EAPD issues automatically.

Customization for other problems is a fairly complex topic and requires skills and familiarity with the Intel HDA spec.

well, it's just that then... gonna do it fast.

forget to say, seems like fast close lid sleep and wake with opening it, i don't loose audio. why am I loosing it after a longer sleep this afternoon? is this audio lost random? or has sth to do with long/short sleep?

well, it's just that then... gonna do it fast.

forget to say, seems like fast close lid sleep and wake with opening it, i don't loose audio. why am I loosing it after a longer sleep this afternoon? is this audio lost random? or has sth to do with long/short sleep?

Actual sleep is delayed by 15-20 seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back