i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 6900 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So, I built a hackintosh for a friend using this build:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/user-buil...nvidia-geforce-gtx-970-sc-19.html#post1001277

He's running Yosemite 10.10.2 and Skype 7.5 (738)

Everything went very smooth. About 3 weeks into him using it, his Skype refuses to connect. It worked before, but all of a sudden it loops at the login-screen and after a while says "Can't connect". He can connect with his account from other devices from within the same network, both via ethernet and wifi. He didn't change any network settings and didn't update Skype on the Hack.

To try and solve it, we deleted Skype and all the cache and pref files for it, and then downloaded the newest version. Same problem. Tries to connect, and then fails. When he contacted Skype support and tried to have them control his screen through the browser to fix it, they couldn't connect to the computer to help him either. But his internet seem to work fine for browsing the web, etc.

So this obviously seems to be a network problem. But I can't see it being the ports, since he can connect his Skype through the same router, wired or wifi, from other devices.

Anyone has any ideas? :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back