Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Xiaomi Air 13
CPU
Intel i5-6200u
Graphics
Intel HD 520
When trying to boot Sierra USB i get this kernel panic:
View media item 187657I've included my EFI.
Does anyone know what the problem is?
Thanks

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    3.7 MB · Views: 303
Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Pay attention the Skylake info in the FAQ. It is important.
OK i managed to install Sierra with the Broadwell stolenmemory patch.

I want to make graphics acceleration working but i have some problems. I've read the threads that change the dvmt in the BIOS and if i understand correctly it must be set at 96MB. The problem is that i cant extract my BIOS with the universal bios utility. So i have no way in changing the dvmt...

I've also tried injecting a platform-id with Clover for Intel HD 5500 (16160002 or 16160000) but that gives a panic in AppleBDW...

Do i have any other options?

Thanks

OK i managed to install Sierra with the Broadwell stolenmemory patch.

I want to make graphics acceleration working but i have some problems. I've read the threads that change the dvmt in the BIOS and if i understand correctly it must be set at 96MB. The problem is that i cant extract my BIOS with the universal bios utility. So i have no way in changing the dvmt...

I've also tried injecting a platform-id with Clover for Intel HD 5500 (16160002 or 16160000) but that gives a panic in AppleBDW...

Do i have any other options?

Thanks

You need to make sure Clover is applying the minStolenSize patch. Boot without caches...

You need to make sure Clover is applying the minStolenSize patch. Boot without caches...
If i don't use that patch i get a don't steal macos panic so i'm think clover is applying that patch

If i don't use that patch i get a don't steal macos panic so i'm think clover is applying that patch

You can eliminate graphics kexts from the equation by booting with a bogus fakeid (0x12345678).

You can eliminate graphics kexts from the equation by booting with a bogus fakeid (0x12345678).
But if i want graphics acceleration i need to have AppleBDW...kext right?

Hi, I also have a Dell laptop and I was also having trouble setting the DVMT-Prealloc until someone on this forum helped me, and I was able to adjust it successfully and now i can boot without the Stolensize patch.

You can find the steps to set the DVMT-Prealloc under "Fixing Intel HD 520 Graphics" in my guide here if you're interested : https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-dell-inspiron-i5559-on-macos-sierra-gm.203688/

Note that I don't have the same laptop as you, but if you're also having a dell bios the steps should be the same. Follow the guide carefully, I'm not responsible for your machine if you brick it doing anything incorrectly :p but these steps worked for me :)

Yes, of course.
But eliminating graphics as a possible problem allows you to work through other issues (you mention a DSMOS panic).

Yes, of course.
But eliminating graphics as a possible problem allows you to work through other issues (you mention a DSMOS panic).

I have removed the BDW kext patch from clover and i'm able to boot without it. So i guess it was only for install USB.

Is there a way to accelerate my igpu?

I've tried 16160000, 16160002, 16160009. They all give the verbose in attached screenshot.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 602
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back