Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey, recently tried to install Hackintosh on my PC as I wanted to try something new but I keep running into errors and have not been able to make it to the installation screen >_>

PC Specs Are
Motherboard: ASUS B250M-Prime
GPU: AMD Radeon R9 290
CPU: Intel i5 7600K

The photo I attached is the error it gives me when I run it using verbose (-v), I've also attached the config file I'm using.
Any help would be much appreciated!

If the image quality is too **** then the last lines it shows before getting stuck are
"busy timeout(0), (240s), kextd wait(0): 'AppleACPICPU"
busy timeout(1), (240s), kextd wait(0): 'AppleACPICPU"
IOConsoleUsers: time(0) 0->0, lin 0, llk 1,
IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0, now 0, sm 0x0"

Cheers.

Attachments

• config.plist
    3.8 KB · Views: 252
  • 17760450_1115234031939095_1870876128_n.jpg
    17760450_1115234031939095_1870876128_n.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 714
Please note that your Kaby Lake CPU is not natively supported in macOS.
The CPU requires a FakeCPUID (with Skylake ID) to boot.
For your R9 290 check the Radeon Compatibility Guide - ATI/AMD Graphics Cards

Hey thanks for the information, I've already added the FakeCPUID (without it the boot log doesn't even show up and it just hangs in an instant), and I'll take a look at the Graphics card thing you linked however I don't think it's related to the error I'm getting.

I have the same exact problem with an i7-4790k. Updated clover, everything was working before, now it gets stuck there. Using a nVidia GTX 980 TI, using boot flag nv_disable=1 doesn't help. Gets stuck at
"IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0, now 0, sm 0x0"

I have the same exact problem with an i7-4790k. Updated clover, everything was working before, now it gets stuck there. Using a nVidia GTX 980 TI, using boot flag nv_disable=1 doesn't help. Gets stuck at
"IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0, now 0, sm 0x0"

I managed to fix it using these steps (idk if it'll work for you but you can give it a go)

1. Download UniBeast 7.1.1 (latest I think)
2. Formatted Installation USB and remade it on UniBeast
3. Reset my BIOS settings back to default and setup the recommended BIOS settings (found here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ierra-on-any-supported-intel-based-pc.200564/)
4. Added the Skylake ID into the FakeCPUID option, set USB Ownership thing to true and left the rest as default (didn't change any graphic options, kext files, etc)
5. Booted into Clover and ran the installer using the default bootflags along with -v (verbose)
6. Installer Booted within a minute and everything installed fine, yewww

I managed to fix it using these steps (idk if it'll work for you but you can give it a go)

1. Download UniBeast 7.1.1 (latest I think)
2. Formatted Installation USB and remade it on UniBeast
3. Reset my BIOS settings back to default and setup the recommended BIOS settings (found here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ierra-on-any-supported-intel-based-pc.200564/)
4. Added the Skylake ID into the FakeCPUID option, set USB Ownership thing to true and left the rest as default (didn't change any graphic options, kext files, etc)
5. Booted into Clover and ran the installer using the default bootflags along with -v (verbose)
6. Installer Booted within a minute and everything installed fine, yewww
Thanks! That's almost exactly what I did too. Made new USB with Unibeast, copied over the EFI partion to my SSD, and copied over the pertinent information from my old config.plist to the new one.

Glad you got it working!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back