Contribute
Register

[Solved] Should I, Re-install or work with what i got?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh boy, I hear sound. :) using PCLinuxOS created on the mac with UNetbootin. Even though it said a mac would not be able to read the 32fat, it still worked.

Last edited:
Oh boy, I heard sound. :) using PCLinuxOS

Now is the time to recreate a Sierra USB installer and Start all over again or Check your entire Clover Especially patches you might have installed and may not be needed.

Reinstalling Clover EFI downloaded from the Internet to the System Disk and changing the way config.plist is setup is one option.

Creating a New USB installer and Reinstall Sierra to the HDD is another option.

All PCLinuxOS Live USB did was to run its Drivers to use the hardware in that Computer. It says if you have the needed drivers installed in any OS you install, you can run this machine.

ok so i used 6,1 for system def, should i use imac14 or any other verison?

Try to change the System Definition to iMac14.2 ( Tonymac recommended) through Multibeast or through SMBIOS menu >magic wand of CC-V and reboot and see if you can fix the issue.

Otherwise try updating Clover EFI bootloader to the latest and then edit the Clover sub-folders and config.plist to suit Sierra to boot and run smoothly.

never mind,

Last edited:
I am having the exact same problem. Very new here, learning curve is steep, but a lot of resources on this page.

I had the Hackintosh up and running within 24 hours of receiving the component parts, but was having problems with the NVidea drivers, so decided that I would do a clean install. Now I'm unable to boot from USB to get Unibeast going.

I went through this guide to get rid of my 15-20 boot priorities, back down to just one, the real hard drive.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...boot-entries-prevent-further-problems.175274/

Am very interested to see how this goes.

So what i had to do is boot into bios, change boot option priorities to the usb as #1. Then it finally clover came up with the installer and it ran from there.

So when i tried to boot from usb via bios it says insert bootable drive and try again, so I used clover to boot from the usb and it hangs with just a little bit left on the progress bar.

I created a brand new bootable usb with unibeast and could not boot off it. I am assuming i will need to wipe the drive but assumed i would be able to do that once i got into the installer. Doesn't look like i can get to it.

I created a brand new bootable usb with unibeast and could not boot off it. I am assuming i will need to wipe the drive but assumed i would be able to do that once i got into the installer. Doesn't look like i can get to it

Because of all the Shut Down Reboot and trials , the CMOS settings must be corrupt and the BIOS is misbehaving.

You should do a hardware CMOS Reset to wipe the slate clean for the BIOS and then "Load Optimized BIOS" and reboot after that and Enter "BIOS setup" and reset all BIOS options.

This means you need to shut down , remove PWR cable from the Socket to Enter inside the case.
Locate the Clear CMOS pins and Shunt the tips (with a Screw driver tip to connect two adjoining pins to short) to Clear the CMOS stored data (Setup information including CMOS Clock (YY-MM-DD-TT) and macOS requiring Boot Options and making your USB installer # 1 in boot sequence.

So what i had to do is boot into bios, change boot option priorities to the usb as #1. Then it finally clover came up with the installer and it ran from there.
Before I could complete and post , you had figured out . good
Ignore my incomplete post. Now install; :)

Woo Hoo! Success, did a full reinstall using Imac 14,2 . Used the audio_pikeralphaALC-120.command.zip

whew! thanks man for walking me through so much.

Let me know if you need any graphic support as i owe you big time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back