Intel i7 6700K
Graphics
GTX 980 Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey guys,
my CustoMac is nearly perfect but I can't figure this one out.

When using Safari it takes forever to load websites like youtube or amazon. The pictures and stylesheets appear far too late. Additionally there is a small lag when typing fast like on an old iPad where the text appears a second after typing.

If I use Chrome instead, everything works fine! Unfortunately I really want to use Safari for synced bookmarks and keychain.
I already tried deleting my cache and restarting a few times. Any other ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Hey guys,
my CustoMac is nearly perfect but I can't figure this one out.

When using Safari it takes forever to load websites like youtube or amazon. The pictures and stylesheets appear far too late. Additionally there is a small lag when typing fast like on an old iPad where the text appears a second after typing.

If I use Chrome instead, everything works fine! Unfortunately I really want to use Safari for synced bookmarks and keychain.
I already tried deleting my cache and restarting a few times. Any other ideas?

Thanks in advance!
I had glitches as well and some freezing of the system too in Safari. Do you have the Intel graphics enabled in your BIOS? Turning them off helped me. Now I have them enabled again but changed the Clover injection string and now have a stable system including Airplay, which I need the Intel graphics enabled for.

I actually fooled around with my intel iGPU a few weeks ago but gave it up because it caused a few problems.

The iGPU is deactivated in the BIOS now and I unchecked "Inject Intel" in my config.plist.

I actually fooled around with my intel iGPU a few weeks ago but gave it up because it caused a few problems.

The iGPU is deactivated in the BIOS now and I unchecked "Inject Intel" in my config.plist.
And Safari is still causing problems?

Yes still a problem... should have written that.

Turning the iGPU off did not change anything unfortunately.

Oh my god... I solved it...
I was so sure it had something to do with the CustoMac that I did not check the normal things first.

After turning off the two safari extensions I use (1Password and Adblock Plus) everything worked fine!
Turns out the Adblock Plus slowed down Safari and switching to "Adblock" solved all my problems.

Thanks for the help anyway!

Edit:
Of course I deactivated the adblocker on tonymacx86 :D Wouldn't know what to do without this great community

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back