Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi guys, I really need your help.

I’m trying to install Mojave on a pc (info on bottom) with a Radeon RX580.

If I unplug video card, it starts but with rx580 plugged in, I have black screen (but Osx loaded because I can reboot with a button combination).

I’ve searched on the web, someone wrote that rx580 works oob, others wrote that I need some kexts (lilu and whatevergreen), other people wrote that I need to add RadeonDeInit on the config.plist.

Please, I need help!!!! (Or I need a link for a “real” guide)

Hardware:

MB: Gigabyte Ga-z97x-ud4h

CPU: Intel i7 4790k

RAM: Corsair 3x8Gb

VIDEO: Radeon RX 580

SSD: Samsung

WIFI: (apple broadcom, adapted but worked at 100%.... I don’t remember it’s name)

Usb created with UniBeast, uefi mode

Last edited:
Hi guys, I really need your help.

I’m trying to install Mojave on a pc (info on bottom) with a Radeon RX580.

If I unplug video card, it starts but with rx580 plugged in, I have black screen (but Osx loaded because I can reboot with a button combination).

I’ve searched on the web, someone wrote that rx580 works oob, others wrote that I need some kexts (lilu and whatevergreen), other people wrote that I need to add RadeonDeInit on the config.plist.

Please, I need help!!!! (Or I need a link for a “real” guide)

Hardware:

MB: Gigabyte Ga-z97x-ud4h

CPU: Intel i7 4790k

RAM: Corsair 3x8Gb

VIDEO: Radeon RX 580

SSD: Samsung

WIFI: (apple broadcom, adapted but worked at 100%.... I don’t remember it’s name)

Usb created with UniBeast, uefi mode
I was in wrong when I created EFI Folder on booted USB.
I changed some key in config.plist and insert a minimal kexts in “other” folder inside Clover folder.
I installed Mojave with RX 580 plugged in and only work oob!

I was in wrong when I created EFI Folder on booted USB.
I changed some key in config.plist and insert a minimal kexts in “other” folder inside Clover folder.
I installed Mojave with RX 580 plugged in and only work oob!

What does this mean as I have a machine at work with Asus Tuf b360m motherboard and sapphire pulse rx580. When booting the apple screen comes up and the bar runs however just as screen is to come up it goes black. For trouble shooting purposes I took the rx580 and placed it in my regular hack in my profile and it boots fine. This started happening after my coworker updated unknowingly. Whats even weirder is that with his hard drive in my computer, Mojave boots fine and I can log in and use his profile and all when its in my computer but in his I get black screen and usb behaving weird. Any help would be appreciated as this is a machine used for work.

Since me and some others have the same problem using AMD cards, I'd appreciate to know exactly what you've done to solve your problem.

In my case I wasn't able to install Mojave while having the AMD card plugged in. I had to remove the card and set IGFX as init display first. With this configuration I was able to install and set up Mojave perfectly, but as soon as I disable the IGFX and plug my Radeon back in, I get a black screen (although, as you already mentioned, macOS loads in the back and is accessible via TeamViewer).

Since me and some others have the same problem using AMD cards, I'd appreciate to know exactly what you've done to solve your problem.

In my case I wasn't able to install Mojave while having the AMD card plugged in. I had to remove the card and set IGFX as init display first. With this configuration I was able to install and set up Mojave perfectly, but as soon as I disable the IGFX and plug my Radeon back in, I get a black screen (although, as you already mentioned, macOS loads in the back and is accessible via TeamViewer).

Maybe go to bios and set peg or pcie as primary display output.

I was able to "solve" my problem too.
First of all I discovered that I was able to get a picture by accessing my system via TeamViewer, put it to sleep and wake it up again.
Since of course this is not a very good solution I tried a couple of other things. In the end I found out that I only get a black screen through HDMI and DVI. When i connect to DP everything works fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back