Contribute
Register

[Solved]RTL8111 ethernet detected but not connected after updating to 10.13.6 and Clover v2.4k r4617

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI Z97 PC Mate
CPU
i5-4690K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello guys!
i updated my hackintosh from 10.13.3 to 10.13.6 and clover bootloader from 4522 to 4617 ysterday.
since then it says ethernet is not connected despite it being correctly installed and fully updated to the latest version of the kext.
everything worked fine before updating...can you help me pls?
waiting for your reply

edit: windows ethernet is fine though

I thought someone would have helped out with it but since no one did...
I started looking for any 3d in the forum..i found a few, not helpful though.

Here is what i did trying to achieve my goal:

I removed the kext from
System\Library\Extensions -----nothing found so i tried with
System\Library\Extensions\IONetworkingFamily.kext\Contents\PlugIns\ ------nothing found here as well
then moved to Library\Extensions\RealtekRTL8111.kext (here we are so deleted it)
After that i got rid of Library\Preferences\SystemConfiguration\NetworkInterfaces.plist and preferences.plist

What i did next was checing out my network configuration in system preferences
Then typed in Terminal sudo kextcache -i /
confirmed with pw, waited for the end of the process, rebooted my hackintosh and tried to install the kext with kextbeast in l/e.
Finally i made up the kext cache again in terminal, rebooted once more but nothing changed

Tried to roll back to a previous version of clover since i updated to latest versions of both os n bootloader, nada de nada...

Any ideas pls?
Should i start all over with a fresh OS install?( i would like to keep data and settings but i don't know how to; even though i got CCC and a backup already done)
could you please help me?

it says it doesn't have an IP neither i can set it up manually

Last edited:
i updated my hackintosh from 10.13.3 to 10.13.6 and clover bootloader from 4522 to 4617 ysterday.
Never be in too much of a hurry to upgrade Clover, most of the time it is not necessary.
On that front there have been recent changes with kext injection and I suspect that your problem may be related to this.
Check your config.plist - System Parameters - Inject Kexts = Detect (not Yes or No).
Ensure that additional kexts are installed to /Library/Extensions and that SIP is fully disabled.

Last edited:
Never be in too much of a hurry to upgrade Clover, most of the time it is not necessary.
On that front there have been recent changes with kext injection and I suspect that your problem may be related to this.
Check you're config.plist - System Parameters - Inject Kexts = Detect (not Yes or No).
Ensure that additional kexts are installed to /Library/Extensions and that SIP is fully disabled.

sip fully disabled
i'm checking out at the moment...what about addictional kexts? which ones do i need?

what about addictional kexts? which ones do i need?
The ones that make your devices work such as FakeSMC.kext and your Ethernet kext etc.

Check you're config.plist - System Parameters - Inject Kexts = Detect (not Yes or No).
Switched to Detect and saved, then rebooted but nothing changed
SIP fully disabled other kexts are ok

The ones that make your devices work such as FakeSMC.kext and your Ethernet kext etc.
they're ok i guess

it still says my pc hasn't got an IP and if i try to set it up manually it just doesn't allow me to do it.(as in the img i attached)

Attachments

• Schermata 2018-07-23 alle 13.28.08.png
    Schermata 2018-07-23 alle 13.28.08.png
    933.7 KB · Views: 248
it still says my pc hasn't got an IP and if i try to set it up manually it just doesn't allow me to do it.(as in the img i attached)
Click the Advanced button.

If it still fails try this to install the RealtekRTL8111.kext manually :

Remove any previous failed attempts from /Library/Extensions and /System/Library/Extensions.

Open Finder and browse to /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/ then delete these two files :
  • NetworkInterfaces.plist
  • preferences.plist

Download this kext and put it on your desktop.
Download and run KextBeast selecting /Library/Extensions as the location.

In Terminal :
Code:
sudo kextcache -i /
Press return, type your password (it will not show on screen), press return again and when the command has completed, restart.

Click the Advanced button.

If it still fails try this to install the RealtekRTL8111.kext manually :

Remove any previous failed attempts from /Library/Extensions and /System/Library/Extensions.

Open Finder and browse to /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/ then delete these two files :
  • NetworkInterfaces.plist
  • preferences.plist

Download this kext and put it on your desktop.
Download and run KextBeast selecting /Library/Extensions as the location.

In Terminal :
Code:
sudo kextcache -i /
Press return, type your password (it will not show on screen), press return again and when the command has completed, restart.

that's just what i did before opening this 3d but i'll give it another try.
dunno really what it is; perhaps my ethernet card isn't fully recognized in 10.13.6.
how can i keep my data,apps and settings with carbon copy cloner if i install 10.13.3 again since i first updated from 10.13.3 to 10.13.6?

perhaps my ethernet card isn't fully recognized in 10.13.6.
Your image shows that it is.

Before doing anything else you should try reverting Clover to an earlier version.

Your image shows that it is.

Before doing anything else you should try reverting Clover to an earlier version.

so i tried everything you said and i'm now with "v4411 uefi mode" tonymacx86 standalone build but nothing changed at all..(before that i tried with tonymacx86 build v4522 and 4428)

QUESTION:
in the attached pic below i noticed something strange
is osxaptiofix2drv or the aptiofix2drv missing in the kext cache?
Schermata 2018-07-23 alle 15.30.51.png

i can't find it in my drivers 64 uefi folder in efi partitions since i updated to the latest clover v after the os upgrade to 10.13.6..maybe it's that?
here is my last working configuration in drivers64uefi folder drvs64uefi.png
should i move all of the .efi files from this backup folder to my actual drivers64uefi folder in my efi partition and the config.plist too? i can't install those missing drivers with clover configurator without my ethernet connection

waiting for your reply

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back