i7
Graphics
EVGA GT 710
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello,

I have installed El Capitan follwing Rehabmans guide. Works great! When I try the direct upgrade to Sierra, I upgraded Clover, downloaded Sierra, started the install. Upon the first reboot I select install from macOS and choose verbose. It starts to go thru its thing then I get a white/grey screen with a spinning wheel at the top left. Thats where it hangs. Anyone know a fix for this?

TIA,

Graystarr

Hello,

I have installed El Capitan follwing Rehabmans guide. Works great! When I try the direct upgrade to Sierra, I upgraded Clover, downloaded Sierra, started the install. Upon the first reboot I select install from macOS and choose verbose. It starts to go thru its thing then I get a white/grey screen with a spinning wheel at the top left. Thats where it hangs. Anyone know a fix for this?

TIA,

Graystarr

Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting"
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

My guess: You forgot to place the appropriate kexts in EFI/Clover/kexts/Other.

Note: Please do not post duplicate threads. It is contrary to the rules.

Thank you! Sorry for the duplicate

could you please tell me . what kexts are needed? i moved the other folder from the HP Probook filed folder but i get kernel panic

could you please tell me . what kexts are needed? i moved the other folder from the HP Probook filed folder but i get kernel panic
FakeSMC.kext and VoodooPS2Controller.kext are necessary for booting and operating the installer.

I'm still on Yosemite and I ran into the same problem when trying to upgrade. "Problem Reporting" files are attached.

Attachments

• 1. patchmatic contents.zip
    19.9 KB · Views: 58
  • 2. ioreg.zip
    475.8 KB · Views: 71
  • 3. kextstat output.rtf.zip
    691 bytes · Views: 66
  • 4. CLOVER.zip
    2.9 MB · Views: 72
  • 5. kextcache.rtf.zip
    693 bytes · Views: 62
You do not have the required kexts in Clover/kexts/Other.
Okay I added the kexts for FakeSMC, GenericUSBXHCI, RealtekRTL8111, and VoodooPS2Controller to Clover/kexts/Other. Sierra has been installed but now I get a kernel panic, screenshot attached.

Attachments

• 20170815_035446.jpg
    20170815_035446.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 72
Okay I added the kexts for FakeSMC, GenericUSBXHCI, RealtekRTL8111, and VoodooPS2Controller to Clover/kexts/Other. Sierra has been installed but now I get a kernel panic, screenshot attached.

Your VoodooPS2Controller.kext is the wrong version (too old).
The guide has links to correct versions.
Read it carefully.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Note that if this is an upgrade scenario, you should have updated all your kexts (installed to the system volume with download.sh and install_downloads.sh) prior to the upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back