Contribute
Register

[solved] Probook 4530s Upgrade from El Capitan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your VoodooPS2Controller.kext is the wrong version (too old).
The one I used was RehabMan-Voodoo-2017-0722.zip, which was the latest version on Bitbucket.

Note that if this is an upgrade scenario, you should have updated all your kexts (installed to the system volume with download.sh and install_downloads.sh) prior to the upgrade.
Oh no... I mistakenly forgot about the shell scripts. Is it possible to install the developer tools from Terminal in the Recovery partition?

The one I used was RehabMan-Voodoo-2017-0722.zip, which was the latest version on Bitbucket.

Oh no... I mistakenly forgot about the shell scripts. Is it possible to install the developer tools from Terminal in the Recovery partition?
your screen shot shows an old version of VoodooPS2Controller

remove all versions you find and re download and install

your screen shot shows an old version of VoodooPS2Controller

remove all versions you find and re download and install
How can I remove any older versions from the EFI partition if I can't get MacOS to boot properly?

How can I remove any older versions from the EFI partition if I can't get MacOS to boot properly?
use your usb installer to boot

You may need to delete the incorrect version you have installed via the macOS installer or recovery partition.
You should have updated it prior to the macOS update as is clear in the guide...

You may need to delete the incorrect version you have installed via the macOS installer or recovery partition.
You should have updated it prior to the macOS update as is clear in the guide...
Removed old version of VoodooPS2Controller in S/L/E, rebuilt kext cache, followed this guide very carefully and now all is well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back