ATI Radeon 6850 1GB
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello to everyone,
First of all i'm sorry if my english is not good. I'm Italian!!!

I've decided to build a Hackintosh with clean Lion Installation following Unibeast Method and the Gordo's guide linked here viewtopic.php?f=168&t=32306.

So first of all i bought the hardware listed in Gordo's guide:
GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 – Bios: F10 (and not F9) – Rev. 1.3
i5 2500K i bought i7 2600k
16GB (4x4GB) DDR3 1600 RAM – G.Skill Ripjaws
ATI 6870 – XFX HD-687A-ZHFC (Also works with Gigabyte GV-R687OC-1GD) - i bought Gigabyte card.
Crucial C300 64GB SSD I bought 2 (one for winodws 7 and one for lion).

After this i've downloaded via AppStore the Lion (directly the 10.7.2 version).
I.ve followed the unibeast guide http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2011/10/ ... using.html only for build the usb Drive.

After assembling the hardware and installing win 7 i tried to configure osX:
i set the bios in ahci mode for Hard Disk and Hpet 64 bit.
I remove the ram module (I left only 4GB) and i remove also the other peripherals (i left only 1 ocz for osx.

The system start, i select usb drive and chimera start.
i press enter, apple logo appear and in a few second the screen go black (no video input)
I reset the system and at the the chimera screen i type GraphicsEnabler=NO (for non compatible card i read) and Lion Installer start!!!

After 20 minutes the "successful" message appears and the system reboot.
I boot with unibeast et at the chimera screen i select Lion drive (ocz) with GE=No option.

The system starts: i configure lion, i open Finder and from the usb drive i copy to the desktop the file DSDT/Database/DSDT-GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3-F10.aml renamed simply to "DSDT.aml"

I ran Mulibeast Version 4.2.1 and i check the options that are listed in the Gordo's guide but when i tap "continue" after a minute the system crash!!!

Now i'm in trouble!!!! :banghead: :banghead:
Someone can help me please?????
Thank you very much in advance.

Re: Problem with Unibeast method retail Lion 10.7.2

When you restarted after the crash, did you get a kernal panic?

Z3us68 said:
Hello to everyone,
First of all i'm sorry if my english is not good. I'm Italian!!!

I've decided to build a Hackintosh with clean Lion Installation following Unibeast Method and the Gordo's guide linked here viewtopic.php?f=168&t=32306.

So first of all i bought the hardware listed in Gordo's guide:
GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 – Bios: F10 (and not F9) – Rev. 1.3
i5 2500K i bought i7 2600k
16GB (4x4GB) DDR3 1600 RAM – G.Skill Ripjaws
ATI 6870 – XFX HD-687A-ZHFC (Also works with Gigabyte GV-R687OC-1GD) - i bought Gigabyte card.
Crucial C300 64GB SSD I bought 2 (one for winodws 7 and one for lion).

After this i've downloaded via AppStore the Lion (directly the 10.7.2 version).
I.ve followed the unibeast guide http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2011/10/ ... using.html only for build the usb Drive.

After assembling the hardware and installing win 7 i tried to configure osX:
i set the bios in ahci mode for Hard Disk and Hpet 64 bit.
I remove the ram module (I left only 4GB) and i remove also the other peripherals (i left only 1 ocz for osx.

The system start, i select usb drive and chimera start.
i press enter, apple logo appear and in a few second the screen go black (no video input)
I reset the system and at the the chimera screen i type GraphicsEnabler=NO (for non compatible card i read) and Lion Installer start!!!

After 20 minutes the "successful" message appears and the system reboot.
I boot with unibeast et at the chimera screen i select Lion drive (ocz) with GE=No option.

The system starts: i configure lion, i open Finder and from the usb drive i copy to the desktop the file DSDT/Database/DSDT-GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3-F10.aml renamed simply to "DSDT.aml"

I ran Mulibeast Version 4.2.1 and i check the options that are listed in the Gordo's guide but when i tap "continue" after a minute the system crash!!!

Now i'm in trouble!!!! :banghead: :banghead:
Someone can help me please?????
Thank you very much in advance.

1. You don't need to remove all of your RAM.
2. Connect your Windows drive to SATA 1 and your OS X drive to SATA 0.
3. Check out the UniBeast guide in my signature as it might help- the options in MultiBeast should be almost the same.

abc1mce2 said:
When you restarted after the crash, did you get a kernal panic?
yes kernal panic....

beelzebozo said:
1. You don't need to remove all of your RAM.
2. Connect your Windows drive to SATA 1 and your OS X drive to SATA 0.
3. Check out the UniBeast guide in my signature as it might help- the options in MultiBeast should be almost the same.

1- Ok i try to left all 16 gb
2- You say SATA 0 and 1 the white connector??
3- I will follow your guide but.... i have to check the box graphicsenabler=NO ??? or not?
thank you

Hi Guys!!!!!
Problem solved!!!!

The solution was to plug te DVI cable in the DVI-I port and not in the DVI-D port.
!!!!!ONLY this!!!!!
:headbang: :headbang:

I think that the system don't recognize the Graphic card when the cable is plugged into DVI-D port. If the cable is plugged into DVI-I Port the graphic card is recognized "ATI Radeon HD 6870". :thumbup: :thumbup:

Thank you for all the suggestions!!
Now i have one perfect Hackintosh!!!
Stay tuned
and greetings from Italy

Been down that road where it's something so small, so overlooked that you scratch your head when you figure it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back