Graphics
IntelHD3000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi guys, i have to say this community is awesome, helping me get mac on my hp probook 4530s is so cool, i wanna say thank you to the team that made this work.
I only have one issue with the my audio tho, i cant hear a thing, i checked sound in system preference, says no output devices found.
i have tried to follow some guides to make this work, but i still keep getting the unsupported codec which is confusing me on how to patch because i have very little to no idea how to modify Mac Os X system scripts.
File: audio_cloverALC-110.command_v1.0o10 says:
EFI partition is mounted
System Integrity Protection status: enabled (Custom Configuration).

Configuration:
Apple Internal: disabled
Kext Signing: disabled
Filesystem Protections: disabled
Debugging Restrictions: disabled
DTrace Restrictions: disabled
NVRAM Protections: disabled

This is an unsupported configuration, likely to break in the future and leave your machine in an unknown state.

OK to patch
Codec 0x111d76d1 is not supported, continue (y/n): y
Supported RealtekALC codecs: 885, 887, 888, 889, 892, 898 or 1150 (0 to exit)
Enter codec:

i have tried different types, chosen clover Audio_id 1
i eventually get a long list of this
Print: Entry, ":KernelAndKextPatches:KextsToPatch:120 dict", Does Not Exist

i tried the file audio_realtekALC-110_v1.0o1.command too, response with the unsupported codec too and installs successfully without sound after restart

i used the File: audio_codecdetect.command_v1.2 with response below
HDMI audio codec(s)
Intel: 0x80862805

Onboard audio codec
Codec: Not supported
Unknown: 0x111d76d1

Unsupported codec, consider Voodoo/Google search
No system files were changed

i have used the DPCI manager to detect some ids about my laptop
Intel HD Graphics 3000, 0x01660003, 3 ports
audio devices
0x80861C20, 0x103C167C, 0x111D76D1, 0x0205, IDT 92HD87B1/3
0x80861C20, 0x103C167C, 0x80862805, 0x0000, Intel HD 3000 (Sandy Bridge) HDMI

Please help me get sound on my system..
Thanks..

problem with hp probook audio codec

i followed the guide step by step, used step 2b to create the bootable usb stick, i dunno
do you think the cause of my issue of unsupported codec 0x111d76d1 on hp probook 4530s is because i did something wrong or generally it is not supported and therefore i can not have audio..
or maybe it is standard i dont have audio after installation on 4530s and i need to patch it somehow

Please help me, i am so lame right now:banghead:

everything works except for the audio.. and i think my hdmi audio also works.. not tested tho

just tell me where to work on.. cus am so confused

Thanks in advance

i followed the guide step by step, used step 2b to create the bootable usb stick, i dunno
do you think the cause of my issue of unsupported codec 0x111d76d1 on hp probook 4530s is because i did something wrong or generally it is not supported and therefore i can not have audio..
or maybe it is standard i dont have audio after installation on 4530s and i need to patch it somehow

Please help me, i am so lame right now:banghead:

everything works except for the audio.. and i think my hdmi audio also works.. not tested tho

just tell me where to work on.. cus am so confused

Thanks in advance

All 4x30s share the same audio codec. It works if you follow the guide. Don't forget step #14.

Hi, What have i done wrong again.. i just did a clean install again following the guide..
i still dont have audio. Please what am i doing wrong.. and what do i have to do to fix this issue..
Please help. i dont want to give up.. please consider me OS X amateur.. i dont know how to fix the problem.. i couldnt repair permission in disk utility.. so i did it using command in terminal.
*restarted
*booted without caches
*rebuilt caches with kext wizard
*restarted twice
still.. no audio output devices found:banghead:

Last edited:

Hi, What have i done wrong again.. i just did a clean install again following the guide..
i still dont have audio. Please what am i doing wrong.. and what do i have to do to fix this issue..
Please help. i dont want to give up.. please consider me OS X amateur.. i dont know how to fix the problem.. i couldnt repair permission in disk utility.. so i did it using command in terminal.
*restarted
*booted without caches
*rebuilt caches with kext wizard
*restarted twice
still.. no audio output devices found:banghead:

Download patchmatic: https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-maciasl-patchmatic/downloads/RehabMan-patchmatic-2015-0107.zip
Extract the 'patchmatic' binary from the ZIP. Copy it to /usr/bin, such that you have the binary at /usr/bin/patchmatic.

In terminal,
Code:
if [ -d ~/Downloads/RehabMan ]; then rm -R ~/Downloads/RehabMan; fi
mkdir ~/Downloads/RehabMan
cd ~/Downloads/RehabMan
patchmatic -extract

Note: It is easier if you use copy/paste instead of typing the commands manually.

Post contents of Downloads/RehabMan directory (as ZIP).

Also, post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

And output from:
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc

Also, post EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory, especially if you have an overabundance of themes installed.

Also post output of:
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Compress all files as ZIP. Do not use external links. Attach all files using site attachments only.

Thank you so much for helping me.
Okay... all requested attachment are uploaded below..
Note: copied_from_bootable_usb_CLOVER folder is the folder i copied from the bootable drive to replace the one in my EFI partition to enable boot from HDD.
And i think the f4 at clover screen doesn't do anything, because i also cant change brightness and battery meter remains cancelled
View attachment report.zip
View attachment report.zip

Thank you so much for helping me.
Okay... all requested attachment are uploaded below..
Note: copied_from_bootable_usb_CLOVER folder is the folder i copied from the bootable drive to replace the one in my EFI partition to enable boot from HDD.
And i think the f4 at clover screen doesn't do anything, because i also cant change brightness and battery meter remains cancelled
View attachment 175045
View attachment 175045

Just looking at kextcache.rtf (kextcache output), AppleHDAIDT.kext is not installed. You evidently didn't follow the ProBook guide.

Also, ioreg shows DSDT not patched correctly. Looking at the Clover bootlog (extracted from ioreg), no files are in ACPI/patched. It means you didn't boot from the EFI/Clover you provided here.

I didn't look at anything else.

Okay.. Thank you for your quick response,
Tho i followed the probook guide discreetly.
Truly i didn't boot from the clover provided. Reason is:
after installing el capitan, i restarted booting from efi file from usb, on clover screen, i pressed f4, computer freezes for like 2-3 seconds, and then i hit enter, after booting to desktop, i installed the hp probook intaller, following the guide(selected the same hd300 resolution while creating the bootable usb), restarted from hdd and computer is stuck at apple logo.
I google for a fix for that, a user recommended copying the EFI directory from the USB to my CLOVER partition.
i dunno.. That is probably where the error is coming from.
please forgive my ignorance and foolishness..
Please help me

Okay.. Thank you for your quick response,
Tho i followed the probook guide discreetly.
Truly i didn't boot from the clover provided. Reason is:
after installing el capitan, i restarted booting from efi file from usb, on clover screen, i pressed f4, computer freezes for like 2-3 seconds, and then i hit enter, after booting to desktop, i installed the hp probook intaller, following the guide(selected the same hd300 resolution while creating the bootable usb), restarted from hdd and computer is stuck at apple logo.

Make sure you update Clover to the latest, as well as updating IntelBacklight.kext (PBI-CE has old versions).

But you didn't use the PBI-CE correctly, since if you did AppleHDAIDT.kext would be installed....

I google for a fix for that, a user recommended copying the EFI directory from the USB to my CLOVER partition.

Bad idea. Clover setup for install is completely different from final setup on HDD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back