Contribute
Register

[Solved] P5E3 Pro and Marvell88E8056 ethernet no working at all and replacing with USB eth adapter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus P5Ql pro
CPU
Q6600
Graphics
Quadro 2000
Hi,
I have a P5E3 Pro mobo with integrated Marvell88E8056 ethernet card. When i install yosemite, i manage to make this ethernet card working with all forum help, tonymacx86 included.
But a day, i use my computer all the day only surfing on the web and typing word documents, i let my computer on at the diner time and when i came back, i've a black screen.
My computer didn't boot anymore. I had a copy backup of another hackingtosh with P5Q Pro mobo, so i copy all S/L/E folder to my disk with my terminal and booting with install USB Key. I check permission and rebuild cache usiing touch ./Extensions and KextCache -u command (following a forum tuto). Then my mac boot again, all seemed to be ok but not ethernet card.
I look for solutions on many forum search, Kext install and so on but nothing ! I know card is working on yosemite because it did and i also tested it with windows Bartpe CD.
I spent 4 days looking for an issue but no way, so i decided to use a dummy ethernet Kext for en0 and a USB network adptar as fix networking with RJ45. Dummy Kext as en0 working well with applestore update and USB adapter also, but i need always to unplug and plug the USB at each boot.

So my first question, is there any solution to make USB ethernet adapter working automaticaly at boot (with unplug/plug it) ?

And the second, any step by step tuto to recover my Marvell88E8056 integrated network adapter (P5E3 pro) ?

Below what i already done (always following tuto and restore state between each test):
- modify IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/plugins/AppleYukon2.kext adding manualy the Marvell88E8056 section + Permission + rebuildcache.
- trying many Marvell88E8056.kext, IONetworkingFamily.kext downloaded from the net.
- Reinstall all base kext with multibeast and retry above issue.

-Below is the computer in trouble (Yosemite)
P5E3 PRO- Marvell88E8056 eth builtin
nvidia Quadro 4000
8 gb DDR3 12800 (2x2+1x4gb)
Xeon x3370 /12M/1333 4x3ghz (when it will work so good i will overclock it)
onboard sata AHCI - 1 SSD 250Go Crucial + 3x hdd 3,5" 1To + 1 BlueRay drive Read/write
1 hub SATA 5 port multiplier with 4x hdd 3,5" 2To
1x 5 port PCie USB 3.0 Card (noname)
Screen Dell 24" fullHD + USB 7.1 corsair headphone/microphone (i have not driver for it but it works)
PSU 750W

-Below is the computer from which i copy Kext when i was full locked with the P5E3 one
P5Q PRO Marvell88E8053 eth builtin
geforce GT710
8 gb DDR2 dual chan 800 (4x2g), overclocked 840
Xeon E54xx serie /12M/1333 overclocked 4x3,8Ghz (amazing i put it to 4.3Ghz but it was so noise with air cooler)
onboard sata AHCI - 1 SSD 250Go Crucial + 3x1To 3,5"
Sharing screen with KVm and P5E3 pro one
PSU 560W

Sure there is a way to make it work, maybe same action with rigorous step ?

Please Help for this 2 troubles, i'm sure it will be usefull for lot of people.

Thanks

Hi Everybody,

It was too long but i found the solution. I needed only the good Kext. All those i 've tested didn't work at all but this one IoONetworkingFamily.kext was the good one for my mobo P5E3-PRO. I found it from other forum and i put it here for the community.

I install it with Kext Utility
when done i open terminal and use those commands

sudo -s
kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel

I saw that i had vodooHDA.kext signature not recognize and it was ommitted. So i download this missing kext and install it again with Kext utility

In terminal i do again the comands bellow:

sudo -s
kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel
kextcache -system-caches

I reboot (with EthernetBuiltIn=Yes option) . Yosemite find my network built in card but it wasn't with en2 order so i can't connect correctly to my apple account for macos update.

so i delete those file

/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist
/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/preferences.plist

Then reboot again (EthernetBuiltIn=Yes parameter persistent).
That's all done :mrgreen:

I hope it will be helpfull for you, this topic is solved now.

Regards

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back