Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Have a mostly working brand new 10.8.2 (today upgraded to 10.8.3) setup - most everything seems perfect but if I hit Apple -> Sleep, the display goes dark but the fans and disks keep spinning and the power button no longer does anything, requiring a hard reboot to get back.

Here's my setup:

Mobo: GA-P67A-UD3-B3 - BIOS F6
CPU: i7 2600K (Sandy Bridge)
Graphics: EVGA GeForce GT 640 (as recommended in the CustoMac buyer's guide)
Disk: 240GB SSD
Network: TP-Link PCI Express Wifi (from buyer's guide)

In MultiBeast, installed the DSDT and SSDT for my setup, Realtek ALC8xx, IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector, TRIM Enabler (10.8.1+), FakeSMC, FakeSMC Plugins, USB 3.0 - CalDigit, Realtek Lnx2Mac's network drivers, AppleRTC CMOS reset patch (didn't need this one, installed it anyway). Running under PCIRootUID=0 because 1 doesn't boot.

$ pmset -g assertions
3/16/13 7:25:57 PM PDT
Assertion status system-wide:
PreventUserIdleDisplaySleep 0
PreventSystemSleep 0
PreventUserIdleSystemSleep 0
ExternalMedia 0
UserIsActive 0
ApplePushServiceTask 0
BackgroundTask 1

Listed by owning process:
pid 172(helpd): [0x0000000c00000134] 00:27:46 BackgroundTask named: "com.apple.helpd.sdmbuilding"

Kernel Assertions: 0x0004
* Kernel Assertion ID = 500
Created At = 3/16/13 6:58:08 PM PDT
Modified At = 3/16/13 7:02:49 PM PDT
Owner ID = 0xffffff8011e98000
Level = 255
Assertions Set = None (4)

* Kernel Assertion ID = 501
Created At = 3/16/13 6:58:11 PM PDT
Modified At = 3/16/13 7:02:51 PM PDT
Owner ID = 0xffffff8011f06000
Level = 255

* Kernel Assertion ID = 502
Created At = 3/16/13 6:58:49 PM PDT
Modified At = 12/31/69 4:00:00 PM PST
Owner ID = 0xffffff80f1745000
Level = 0

SleepEnabler.kext didn't help. Issue persists after removing all peripherals (aside from my USB wireless keyboard/mouse, which I need to trigger sleep).

How does one get sleep working?

Thanks in advance!

Otherwise working 10.8 install won't go to sleep

Upgraded to the UEFI BIOS for my motherboard, huge improvements in speed (plus no need for a DSDT anymore! :)

But unfortunately the sleep issue persists in the exact same manner as before.

Disconnected the Wifi PCIe adapter - didn't change anything. Swapped the nVidia GT640 for a AMD Radeon HD 6870 I had on hand, same thing.

I got it working!!! :)

It was the CalDigit USB 3.0 drivers. Deleted the kexts, rebooted, everything works swimmingly. Installed the LaCie 3.0 drivers instead, they work fine.

hey, I had exactly the same issues as you. I managed to finally fix the sleep/wake problem yesterday.

I am not sure which bios settings will be relevant as I haven't had the time to test which ones are culprit so just test them and see what happens.

Biggest step forward was to change Darkwake=10. (If you don't know how to change this just shout me). The bios settings that seemed to be most important (as this appeared to be the final step in getting it to work) was to disable the internal graphics and all the settings to do with internal graphics in power management options. The other setting i have disabled Cpu PLL overvolatge. not sure if this is crucial unless youre planning on having the XMP-profile 1 enabled for the RAM to boost your frequency past the basic.

In OSX my power saving settings are all set to default. Sleep works perfectly and wakes perfectly. As does auto sleep. I have had a huge amount of problems with sleep wake since i built my machine but these settings seem to have comepletely fixed it without the need for more kexts etc. I will post up a proper guide when I have time this week.

i have the same problem…
could you please inform what you deleted…

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back