Gigabyte P55A-UD4 F15
CPU
Intel i5 3.20GHz, SKT1156
Graphics
G62 Gigabyte Geforce 8400 GS 512mb GDDR2 PCI-E
Mac
  1. MacBook
Hi

I just upgraded my RAM from 2x 2gb (Apacer) to 2x 4gb (Samsung), same frequency etc.
My Hackintosh stops booting when the grey apple logo shows up now. Spinning wheel doesn't even appear.
When I reinstert the old Apacer RAM things are normal again...

Already tried upgrading BIOS and DSDT to F15...
What else can I try? Any ideas?
I don't know much about hackintosh, just basic computer knowledge...

Specs:
Mobo: Gigabyte P55A-UD4 F15
original RAM: Apacer PC10666 1333MHz 2GB x2
new RAM: SAMSUNG https://www.amazon.de/dp/B003KVQ1ZY/?tag=tonymacx8603-21

Hi

I just upgraded my RAM from 2x 2gb (Apacer) to 2x 4gb (Samsung), same frequency etc.
My Hackintosh stops booting when the grey apple logo shows up now. Spinning wheel doesn't even appear.
When I reinstert the old Apacer RAM things are normal again...

Already tried upgrading BIOS and DSDT to F15...
What else can I try? Any ideas?
I don't know much about hackintosh, just basic computer knowledge...

Specs:
Mobo: Gigabyte P55A-UD4 F15
original RAM: Apacer PC10666 1333MHz 2GB x2
new RAM: SAMSUNG https://www.amazon.de/dp/B003KVQ1ZY/?tag=tonymacx8603-21
doesn't need buying advice, moved to RAM

Any clue?
if you have a dsdt on your machine and you make any other bios changes or hardware changes, then you would normally have to re extract the dsdt and apply patches (in the case of all laptops for example)

you could try booting verbose mode -v and see if there is an error that appears?

also possible that one of the ram sticks is faulty, try one at a time and see what happens

If i try one, nothing happens, just black screen when i turn on my computer. With each of them.
If i insert both, it says 'Memory Ok' at the beginning, so i guess the sticks will be compatible and working? Booting goes a lot faster as well. But just stops at the apple logo.

I tried inserting both in slot A and both in slot B (i can insert 2 RAM pairs).

Also tried inserting all 4 sticks without success (stops boothing at apple logo again. And black screen when I swap slots...)

Last edited:
if you have a dsdt on your machine and you make any other bios changes or hardware changes, then you would normally have to re extract the dsdt and apply patches (in the case of all laptops for example)

you could try booting verbose mode -v and see if there is an error that appears?

If i boot verbose, i just get a black screen again... perhaps i'm doing something wrong. I's just startup options and then choose Verbose, right?

I did repair disk permissions.
Now verbose says it can't find "\n" if i insert the new RAM ...what does that mean?

Last edited:
I did repair disk permissions.
Now verbose says it can't find "\n" if i insert the new RAM ...what does that mean?

IMG_0353.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back