1. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I have installed El Capitan 10.11.5 on the following machine:

Dell Optiplex 7010 MT transplanted into a Corsair GT(?)500 case
i5 3470
Nvidia GTX 670

and it works flawlessly! I mean, I just followed the regular tutorial and bang, it's awesome...... but

I can only use my USB ports maybe 1 in 10 reboots. I will boot, it doesn't work and the ports have power but are non-responsive. I then start the dance of unplugging, swapping and plugging in different ports and eventually it will randomly just work. always a different combination and sometimes it will just work with a reboot only.

I have tried lots of things like disabling USB 3.0 in the BIOS and that doesn't seem to make a difference. I have also tried the clover USB fixes (I am a noob so I have only done check mark fixes) I have also tried a few different models under SMBios (one of which, the latest MacPro royally screwed up the whole thing and I had to spend a day sorting it out).

USB ports are always responsive in the BIOS and Clover. It's only once I get into the OS that it stops and the cursor just says "no".

I have also tried a few different USB mice.

Please give me a pill to take this away...

It turns out I'm an idiot and It was just the fix ownership flag that fixed it but I didn't edit it in the EFI so every time I rebooted the problem would return (Slaps forehead)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back