1. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I have installed El Capitan 10.11.5 on the following machine:

Dell Optiplex 7010 MT transplanted into a Corsair GT(?)500 case
i5 3470
Nvidia GTX 670

and it works flawlessly! I mean, I just followed the regular tutorial and bang, it's awesome...... but

I can only use my USB ports maybe 1 in 10 reboots. I will boot, it doesn't work and the ports have power but are non-responsive. I then start the dance of unplugging, swapping and plugging in different ports and eventually it will randomly just work. always a different combination and sometimes it will just work with a reboot only.

I have tried lots of things like disabling USB 3.0 in the BIOS and that doesn't seem to make a difference. I have also tried the clover USB fixes (I am a noob so I have only done check mark fixes) I have also tried a few different models under SMBios (one of which, the latest MacPro royally screwed up the whole thing and I had to spend a day sorting it out).

USB ports are always responsive in the BIOS and Clover. It's only once I get into the OS that it stops and the cursor just says "no".

I have also tried a few different USB mice.

Please give me a pill to take this away...

Motherboard
Optiplex 7010 w/Corsair case and PSU
CPU
i5 3470
Graphics
GTX 670
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Air
  3. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
It turns out I'm an idiot and It was just the fix ownership flag that fixed it but I didn't edit it in the EFI so every time I rebooted the problem would return (Slaps forehead)

Status
Not open for further replies.