Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] Nvidia webdriver don't stick!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It all started after I changed the sys def. Basically I had a sys def of macpro3,1 and a serial of imac17,1. According to the advices from P1lgrim I straighten everything to imac14,2 (which is still questionable because my build has a discrete GPU). When I rebooted, the nvidia panel appeared in the menu bar, although it is usually hidden. Looking at it I discovered that the OSX driver was selected. And then you know what happened afterwards. Also there was not a single graphic glitch, so I assume the nvidia drivers were in fact working, but not visibly "on" in the nvidia panel.... if there are any test I could do to help you understand, let me know, i'll run them with pleasure!

It all started after I changed the sys def. Basically I had a sys def of macpro3,1 and a serial of imac17,1. According to the advices from P1lgrim I straighten everything to imac14,2 (which is still questionable because my build has a discrete GPU). When I rebooted, the nvidia panel appeared in the menu bar, although it is usually hidden. Looking at it I discovered that the OSX driver was selected. And then you know what happened afterwards. Also there was not a single graphic glitch, so I assume the nvidia drivers were in fact working, but not visibly "on" in the nvidia panel.... if there are any test I could do to help you understand, let me know, i'll run them with pleasure!

It is very possible to have the web drivers enabled but not show a enabled in the driver manager. I ran that way for a while until a his update for my board got native NVRAM support working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back