Motherboard
Asus ProArt Z690 Creator WiFi
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey guys, lots a very helpful answers on here, still I have one ponder. On my build (signature) the Nvida panel recently popped up showing the "OsX default graphics driver" enabled. I swiftly ticked the Nvida driver and rebooted. The default driver was enabled again. I tried to reboot many times with the same oddity happening. (still the GPU seems to work good without glitches).
I googled a bit the subject and found that there might me a problem with nvram. In Clover configurator, Nvram says that : 1.jpg

"Store Nvram" should be ticked and the "force mount" should be my EFI partition, i guess. Every time i make the changes, save the plist, and reboot i'm back to unticked boxes...

I installed EmuVariableUEFI and it didn't change anything... I'm a bit stucked here... Anyone has any insight in this matter?

And anyway, is this Nvidia driver thingy a problem or is it only cosmetic?

Cheers!

Attachments

• config.plist
    7.2 KB · Views: 179
If the card shows up properly in about this Mac the you are fine and it is only cosmetic. I assume you are running El Capitan or a Yosemite.

Did you install the rc scripts?

Thanx Slim.jim! You are correct it is an El Capitan, and About this Mac is showing the proper GPU with proper amount of dedicated RAM.
I did not install the RC Scripts, I followed this guide and Ammulder says nothing about RC Scripts. What are they anyway? Do you install them using Clover installer/updater? Is there any risks (beyond the usual)?

Strange thing is the the problem occurred after I fixed the sys definitions to iMac14.2 as discussed here.

Thanx Slim.jim! You are correct it is an El Capitan, and About this Mac is showing the proper GPU with proper amount of dedicated RAM.
I did not install the RC Scripts, I followed this guide and Ammulder says nothing about RC Scripts. What are they anyway? Do you install them using Clover installer/updater? Is there any risks (beyond the usual)?

Strange thing is the the problem occurred after I fixed the sys definitions to iMac14.2 as discussed here.

See problem #6: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/solving-nvidia-driver-install-loading-problems.161256/

Thanx Slim.jim! Problem solved! Just for my personal enlightenment, What does this do? Does it improve the overall performances of the build (not that it's needed)?

The EmuVariableUEFI doesn't really do anything without them according to the Clover Wiki (which isn't working right now). Essentially the scripts write the information to NVRAM during shutdown.

The EmuVariableUEFI doesn't really do anything without them according to the Clover Wiki (which isn't working right now). Essentially the scripts write the information to NVRAM during shutdown.
Not sure if the RC scripts really are still required - See this Post.
I would be interested in a definitive answer if anyone has one.

Not sure if the RC scripts really are still required - See this Post.
I would be interested in a definitive answer if anyone has one.

For some people they seem to be needed, for others not. On my one hack I don't need them.

Well for instance and for this build, installing the RC scripts solved the issue... However they were not installed before I straightened the sys def from imac17,1/macpro3,1 to imac14,2, and the nvidia driver was ok... Guess it's one of those mysteries...

Well for instance and for this build, installing the RC scripts solved the issue... However they were not installed before I straightened the sys def from imac17,1/macpro3,1 to imac14,2, and the nvidia driver was ok... Guess it's one of those mysteries...

So you installed them but also changed the system definition to iMac14,2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back