Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080/1070

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac performance increases with Pascal seem to be a mixed bag at the moment. Some workloads have expected/significant improvements, others very little. Keep an eye on this thread on MacRumors, the MacVidCards blog, and BareFeats for benchmarking and whatnot. I have a feeling that the newer CPUs in hackintoshes will help extract more CPU-limited performance from Pascal, compared to the older Mac Pro 5,1 CPUs. In other cases though, Apple's OpenGL inefficiencies will be the limiting factor.

Hi guys, I read the last 20 pages since April 10th trying to find out how to install macOS Sierra hackintosh without integrated graphics card with no result.
Could you please point me on what I'm doing wrong?

I followed the guide, downloaded macOS from AppStore, created a Bootable USB with unibeast for UEFI drives without injecting Nvidia drivers, then copied MultiBeast on the USB mounted volume.
Then, after restarting and choosing USB drive, I removed "nv_disable=1" and in Graphics Injector checked Use Nvidia Web Drivers.

I didn't change anything else.
After choosing "Boot macOS from USB" afterwards, I get Apple logo and right after a crossed circle. Once, I got stuck on the Apple logo without seeing crossed circle also, if that's important to know.
My specs:
cpu - intel i7-6800K
graphics card - evga gtx 1070

Thank you for your time:)

Hi everybody,

Issue is solve for VLC by using SMBIOS iMac 14.1 instead of iMac 14.2 (I don't know how it's possible...)

The problem about adobe is still present. When I want to start a software who used the gtx 1070 (Adobe premiere, adobe after effect), the software crashes at the loading, and the hackintosh restart. When I start Photoshop, he did not crash immediately, but crash when I made a filter who used the GTX 1070.

I have the impression that my gtx 1070 is not stable, but I do not know how to check it and solve the problem...

Simply try all the SMBIOS can be a solution, or it is useless ?
is there something that I don't install ?

Thank you again for your help !

PS : Config is on the left, with the HD630 removed.
Currently using iMac14,2 [in Clover] and have no issues watching a video file in VLC

The problem with Nvidia cards right now and in foreseeable future is that Nvidia is still heavily opposing Apple in their graphics direction. The course for Metal is set in ahem Metal and it's only Metal in foreseeable future. Anything except Metal will be very low priority.

Nvidia has code base for GL/CUDA/OpenCL and DX11/DX12. It has absolutely zero interest to optimise Metal in any ways. So unfortunately (as game developer and more or less person involved in Metal testing) I can say that right now Nvidia is worst in Metal adoption/efforts.

So true, I will test on 1080 Metal stuff but I don't expect any miracles from it. ATI and even Intel might show sometimes better numbers.

Last edited:
Hmmm. Spent some time, got my 1060 working...

But now I'm wondering why! I don't game in macOS... So are there any other advantages I should see? Any particular apps that may show better performance or some such? If not... I might want to switch back to the lower power consumption of the HD 530 IG system.

So are there any other advantages I should see? Any particular apps that may show better performance or some such? If not... I might want to switch back to the lower power consumption of the HD 530 IG system.

Generally the advantage comes from sparing physical system memory and taking advantage of dedicated video memory, and video editing tasks earn a hearty speedup from a dedicated card; even if it's NVIDIA. Of dourse, it depends what you use (FCPX/Apple favors AMD [duh], Adobe favors NVIDIA) but it's better than having an iGPU bog down on potential memory available and such.

That, and for dual-booting, it's vital since Windows/Linux will gain more from this and is more convenient than switching between dedicated/iGPU every time you boot Win/Lin and OS X.

Which version of Voodoo would work? Hate to mess this up. lol.

I'm using the latest one version 2.8.9. I took the kext and placed it in EFI/Clover/Kexts/Other

Hopefully the issue everyone is having with HDMI/DP audio is resolved soon and VoodooHDA could be deleted.

I'm using the latest one version 2.8.9. I took the kext and placed it in EFI/Clover/Kexts/Other

Hopefully the issue everyone is having with HDMI/DP audio is resolved soon and VoodooHDA could be deleted.

There is no Problem with HDMI/DP Audio...

Just for those who dont know what to inject in dsdt... or clover...
And Voodoohda is absolutely old crap... do it proper with applehda...

Just an Example how i do it with Clover (Arbitary)
Code:
<key>Devices</key>
    <dict>
        <key>Arbitrary</key>
        <array>
            <dict>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string>Nvidia Display</string>
                <key>CustomProperties</key>
                <array>
                    <dict>
                        <key>Key</key>
                        <string>@2,AAPL,boot-display</string>
                        <key>Value</key>
                        <data>
                        </data>
                    </dict>
                    <dict>
                        <key>Key</key>
                        <string>@2,connector-type</string>
                        <key>Value</key>
                        <data>
                        AAgAAA==
                        </data>
                    </dict>
                    <dict>
                        <key>Key</key>
                        <string>hda-gfx</string>
                        <key>Value</key>
                        <string>onboard-2</string>
                    </dict>
                </array>
                <key>PciAddr</key>
                <string>01:00.00</string>
            </dict>
            <dict>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string>Intel HDA</string>
                <key>CustomProperties</key>
                <array>
                    <dict>
                        <key>Key</key>
                        <string>layout-id</string>
                        <key>Value</key>
                        <integer>1</integer>
                    </dict>
                    <dict>
                        <key>Key</key>
                        <string>PinConfigurations</string>
                        <key>Value</key>
                        <data>
                        </data>
                    </dict>
                </array>
                <key>PciAddr</key>
                <string>00:1F.03</string>
            </dict>
        </array>
    </dict>

I have 2 Displays connected, but here a small howto:

1. disconnect your second monitor if you have a second monitor
2. open ioreg, check where your display0 is located (under NVDA,Display-A@0 or NVDA,Display-B@1 etc...)
3. you need to change in the code above @2,connector-type to @1,connector-type or @0,connector-type (depends where your display0 is located in ioreg) but you can do it easy and make multiple connector-type's, just inject all @0,connector-type, @1,connector-type, @2,connector-type, @3,connector-type etc... this doesnt really matter, im injecting only one, because i dont need dp/hdmi audio in the other ports... but it doesnt matter, you wont break anything, if you inject it on every connector...

4. Optional @2,AAPL,boot-display : you dont need this if you use only one monitor, but you need if you use multiple monitors... like me... My Hack doesnt boot without it with multiple monitors connected.
Just check where your main display is connected at, same as above and change @2,AAPL,boot-display to @0 @1 @2 @3,AAPL,boot-display etc... this entry cant be multiple.

Next, you need to inject via SSDT your HDAU device,

1. Open ioregistryeditor, goto your Nvidia Device and check the name...
For Example:
My GTX 1060 is located in Ioregistryeditor under PCI0 -> PEG0 -> GFX0
but your device can be under PCI0 -> PEG2 -> PEGP (or anything else...)

2. Check the Code below there are 3 lines:
Line 1: External (_SB_.PCI0.PEG0.GFX0, DeviceObj)
Line 2: Scope (_SB.PCI0.PEG0.GFX0)
Line 3: Device (_SB.PCI0.PEG0.HDAU)

Change that lines to your matching, for example, if you have under ioreg: PCI0 -> PEG2 -> PEGP
the lines should look this:
Line 1: External (_SB_.PCI0.PEG2.PEGP, DeviceObj)
Line 2: Scope (_SB.PCI0.PEG2.PEGP)
Line 3: Device (_SB.PCI0.PEG2.HDAU)

Code:
DefinitionBlock ("", "SSDT", 1, "APPLE ", "gfxhdau", 0x00000000)
{
    External (_SB_.PCI0.PEG0.GFX0, DeviceObj)

Scope (_SB.PCI0.PEG0.GFX0)
    {
        Name (_SUN, One)  // _SUN: Slot Number
    }

Device (_SB.PCI0.PEG0.HDAU)
    {
        Name (_ADR, One)
        Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
        {
            If (LEqual (Arg2, Zero))
            {
                Return (Buffer (One)
                {
                     0x03                                          
                })
            }

Return (Package (0x04)
            {
                "layout-id",
                Buffer (0x04)
                {
                     0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00                        
                },

"hda-gfx",
                Buffer (0x0A)
                {
                    "onboard-2"
                }
            })
        }
    }
}

If you still didn't get it, dont ask, google and search... its simple... nvidia released drivers and everything works, if its not working for you, go and search.

@TeK9Samurai
I meant not you exactly, i write this to every noob here

Cheers :)

PS: I forgot to say:
I have a GTX 1060 3GB, there are 5 ports:
1x DVI-D
1x HDMI
3x DP

On my card only the HDMI Port and only ONE! of 3 display ports have audio.
The other 2 Display Ports doesnt support audio.

Cheers :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back