Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080/1070

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everybody, I just install my GTX 1070 who is well detected, are you able to launch Geekbench ?
I can launch it with the CPU, but not with the compute (open cl GTX 1070)

Thank you for your help !

You should remove the incorrect ig-platform-id from your config.plist :

platform.png

Thank you for your answer, thank you I forgot this one :clap:

That did not resolve the problem of Geekbench, but when I check on internet, it's seems that it's a problem when we used Nvidia web driver.

Is there a solution who can confirm that the graphic card is fully installed, or the print screen in attachement is enough ?

Thank you !

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2017-04-15 à 16.46.39.png
    Capture d’écran 2017-04-15 à 16.46.39.png
    100.6 KB · Views: 333
Hi, Thank you for your information, I have the free license, so I can't test only the OpenCL , and he quits after few seconds.
So I'm not the only one :lol:

Hi, Thank you for your information, I have the free license, so I can't test only the OpenCL , and he quits after few seconds.
So I'm not the only one :lol:
yep same here also can only test OpenCL for few secs got option for Metal but no option for CUDA on tryout mode

yep same here also can only test OpenCL for few secs got option for Metal but no option for CUDA on tryout mode

Ok nice !

Are you able to watch a video, for example with VLC player ? When I launch a video mp4, computer freeze and restart...

Ok nice !

Are you able to watch a video, for example with VLC player ? When I launch a video mp4, computer freeze and restart...
yes just tried mp4 in vlc no problem

Hi everybody,

Issue is solve for VLC by using SMBIOS iMac 14.1 instead of iMac 14.2 (I don't know how it's possible...)

The problem about adobe is still present. When I want to start a software who used the gtx 1070 (Adobe premiere, adobe after effect), the software crashes at the loading, and the hackintosh restart. When I start Photoshop, he did not crash immediately, but crash when I made a filter who used the GTX 1070.

I have the impression that my gtx 1070 is not stable, but I do not know how to check it and solve the problem...

Simply try all the SMBIOS can be a solution, or it is useless ?
is there something that I don't install ?

Thank you again for your help !

PS : Config is on the left, with the HD630 removed.

Attachments

• config.plist
    4.8 KB · Views: 251
  • Capture d’écran 2017-04-16 à 09.12.15.png
    Capture d’écran 2017-04-16 à 09.12.15.png
    101 KB · Views: 205
As far as I can tell my 1080 is working as expected, but the amount of VRAM reported in the System Info is incorrect... Is this something to be concerned about? Is there anyway to fix this?

I've tried overriding it in Clover, set it to 8191 but for some reason it then appeared as ~4000...

Thanks!

systeminfo.png

How much of the Pascal cards full performance is available under macOS with these drivers as opposed to Windows? Especially interested in OpenCL/Metal/CUDA, but GL as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back