Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080/1070

Status
Not open for further replies.
not all 118 pages ... but why is it so hard to answer my question?
is it easier to make one more useless comment?

how ever ... maybe my english writting skills aren't the best ...
so for the cuda os x drivers there is an archive on the nvidia support page ... but not for the web drivers ..
so the 2 options are:
1. i am unable to find them online
2. they removed them from the support page ...

not all 118 pages ... but why is it so hard to answer my question?
is it easier to make one more useless comment?

how ever ... maybe my english writting skills aren't the best ...
so for the cuda os x drivers there is an archive on the nvidia support page ... but not for the web drivers ..
so the 2 options are:
1. i am unable to find them online
2. they removed them from the support page ...

Web drivers for macOS here:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...for-macos-sierra-10-12-1-367-15-10-15.205568/

thx!
I recently found it on the nvidia page ... i didn't knew that i have to search at the 600 series ... my fault!

but thx for the fast and helpful response!

So actually there is no way to stretch the graphics to 1920x1080?

I actually thought about buying two cards too since the 980ti is pretty expensive.
Buying one 980ti would cost more than lets say a 1070 (for windows) + a 950/960 (for mac) and according to user benchmark.com the 1070 outperforms the 980ti.
But ... I don't know ... would you recommend that approach?
Is there a downside of having two cards physically attached all the time? Like power consumption?
What I don't want to do is physically install the 1070 every time I boot into windows :)
Wait till you buy a 1080 Strix OC edition, that's when you'll feel the butthurt.
I did the 2 card method I just went a bought a gt 730 I use on Mac and my 1080 for pc
I did the same only change is, thinking between amd and nvidia for osx since amd is more keen to have support for a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back