Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080/1070

Status
Not open for further replies.
@tonymacx86 @Fl0r!an @izo1 @rlitschauer

People, I can't stress this enough:

Apple likes AMD, and they seem to work better on macs than nVidia. Better acceleration too.

Even if they release drivers/support for Pascal, genuine macs will always use AMD. They are cheaper thus apple striking a deal with AMD was the best they could do for that 1000% revenue per capita.

If you are tired like the rest of us trying to find a workaround every year with their marketing gimmicks, get yourself an AMD card on the side. Thank me later.

Last edited:
Yea I have a number of AMD cards already I just want NVIDIA to put out drivers for Pascal- the 1070 and 1080 are currently the best performing cards for the money. Also, AMD cards do not wake from sleep.

I've always had ATI graphics. And the last one I bought was Nvidia. I would like to exchange it for a 1080 but with this uncertainty, I think I will opt for two RX 480, which is already proven to work well in the Sierra ... Anyway I will still wait a little longer and see what comes or not comes ...

so a X99 build with the following cards would work?

1 x OOB GTX 760 / R9 280/x [Monitor]

2 x RX 480 [OPENCL BOOSTER 8GB ]

I've always had ATI graphics. And the last one I bought was Nvidia. I would like to exchange it for a 1080 but with this uncertainty, I think I will opt for two RX 480, which is already proven to work well in the Sierra ... Anyway I will still wait a little longer and see what comes or not comes ...

Two 480 will hardly be as fast as two GTX970, which you can find at half the price... Think about it.

Ive been an AMD guy for the last 9 years straight with the whole world telling me that I should switch to NVIDIA for both my PC gaming and my Apple machines, and the instant i switch to NVIDIA (1070), this **** happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back