Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080/1070

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an i7-3770 with an Intel HD Graphics 4000 iGPU and a GTX 1070. I managed to set the desktop resolution to 1920x1080 by changing Clover's own resolution, but (obviously) there's no acceleration at all. If I switch my primary graphics to iGPU in UEFI settings, the OS complains about 2 Intel kexts not being loaded and won't make it to the login screen.
tmp_25699-P_20161102_2145161799106094.jpg
The only way for me to use macOS with full acceleration is using my old GTX 650, but it's extremely inconvenient. Any ideas why my iGPU won't work?

A lot of people are on suicide watch due to lack of support for Pascal (me included) :O

Setup working without problems.
iGPU for Mac OSx via HDMI
GTX 1060 for Windows via Displayport

iGPU in bios as primary. when booting windows i just change display output to DP on the monitor.

happy......:clap::clap::clap:

Setup working without problems.
iGPU for Mac OSx via HDMI
GTX 1060 for Windows via Displayport

iGPU in bios as primary. when booting windows i just change display output to DP on the monitor.

happy......:clap::clap::clap:

Same here HD 530 For MacOS X via DP
GTX 1080 For Windows via HDMI
also set iGPU as primary both cable connected when i start clover to go to mac switch monitor to DP when gaming on windows switch monitor to HDMI now everything so far so good :D

Pascal drivers can't take their time :p

Same here HD 530 For MacOS X via DP
GTX 1080 For Windows via HDMI
also set iGPU as primary both cable connected when i start clover to go to mac switch monitor to DP when gaming on windows switch monitor to HDMI now everything so far so good :D

Pascal drivers can't take their time :p

sure pascal cant kill me lol
you on EL Capitan or macOS Sierra

On Sierra 10.12.1

What I have is my 1080 going to my Predator x34 (3440x1440) via DisplayPort from the card and the HD530 going to the same monitor via HDMI from the motherboard, also at 3440x1440. Aside from the minor artifacting in the top left corner of the monitor, it works great. Of course I do not need serious HP on the Mac side so this setup works for me. Now I just sit back and wait for the webdrivers to arrive. [crossing fingers]
I have the same connections as you, 1070 via Displayport and HD530 via HDMI. My problema is I don´t know how to configure clover and mac os to receive the image from the HDMI instead the HDMI.

I have a 6600k and a 1070 card, If install a dual boot Mac osx and Windows 10
can I use the integrated card with os el capitain and the 1070 in windows 10 environment ?

I have a 6600k and a 1070 card, If install a dual boot Mac osx and Windows 10
can I use the integrated card with os el capitain and the 1070 in windows 10 environment ?

Yes. Just make sure to set iGPU as primary and when you boot into Windows 10, switch your monitor to your nVidia card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back