Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080/1070

Status
Not open for further replies.
In conclusion... there is no way that nvidia put drivers on Sierra?

I bought my Skylake the day after it launched and played the waiting game for Skylake support, I survived that wait and now Skylake is easier to install on than anything else.

Waiting for Pascal support is a cake walk, at least it still works in software mode.

Waiting for Pascal support is a cake walk, at least it still works in software mode.
This is no good advice for novice users, OSX with software rendition is barely usable and only good for troubleshooting. It's like saying that booting Windows into safe mode and working with it is perfectly fine.

This is no good advice for novice users, OSX with software rendition is barely usable and only good for troubleshooting. It's like saying that booting Windows into safe mode and working with it is perfectly fine.
It wasn't advice at all, it was a statement. I didn't say anyone should do anything.

I can use my hackintosh with the gtx1070 without acceleration as everybody, but the resolution screen is fit to 1600x1200, and I can work with the HD530 if I change the primary GPU in the BIOS. Can I change something in clover easily to use the Intel graphic so I don´t have to be meesing with the BIOS?

I can use my hackintosh with the gtx1070 without acceleration as everybody, but the resolution screen is fit to 1600x1200, and I can work with the HD530 if I change the primary GPU in the BIOS. Can I change something in clover easily to use the Intel graphic so I don´t have to be meesing with the BIOS?

What I have is my 1080 going to my Predator x34 (3440x1440) via DisplayPort from the card and the HD530 going to the same monitor via HDMI from the motherboard, also at 3440x1440. Aside from the minor artifacting in the top left corner of the monitor, it works great. Of course I do not need serious HP on the Mac side so this setup works for me. Now I just sit back and wait for the webdrivers to arrive. [crossing fingers]

Last edited:
What I have is my 1080 going to my Predator x34 (3440x1440) via DisplayPort and the HD530 going to the same monitor via HDMI from the motherboard, also at 3440x1440. Aside from the minor artifacting in the top left corner of the monitor, it works great. Of course I do not need serious HP on the Mac side so this setup works for me. Now I just sit back and wait for the webdrivers to arrive. [crossing fingers]

I have a 1060... but i have a 4690k that is supported (Hd4600). Is there any solution to change the resolution from 1024x768 to another?

I have a 1060... but i have a 4690k that is supported (Hd4600). Is there any solution to change the resolution from 1024x768 to another?

Are you driving the monitor via the motherboard or card?

Are you driving the monitor via the motherboard or card?

From the card... 'cause if try to drive the monitor via motherboard nothing appear on the screen and i need to unplug the PCI...

From the card... 'cause if try to drive the monitor via motherboard nothing appear on the screen and i need to unplug the PCI...

That's what was happening to me too; 1024 x 768 looks bad stretched on a 3440x1440 monitor. I had to do the port 7 fix before anything worked. What helped immensely was I was able to screen share from my wife's rMBP and see that the hackintosh was in fact using the HD530 and had provisioned 1535mb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back