Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080/1070

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great. How do I switch it or set it so that Mac OS uses the secondary GPU.
I have to manually switch the cables when I boot so it uses only the second gpu

new macbook pro on polaris.. this is sad

Be careful. The HD530 seems to have more issues on Sierra than on ElCap. It works for me on ElCapitan but sleep doesn't work and multimonitor support requires to hot-plug them after boot. I didn't install Sierra yet (because of the lack of Pascal drivers), but people are reporting display issues with the HD530.

My guess is that none of the new Macs released today will use the HD530 as the integrated GPU, because otherwise people wouldn't have these issues with Sierra.

New Macs are using Radeon, latest i7 chipset and Intel Graphics 560.

Last edited:
Lame.. Why u do dis Apple.. Any hope for a Nvidia kext lost?

.... so the keynote was a bust.
No NVidia-based products whatsoever.
No MacPro
No iMac ...

It might as well just stay in history as "The Touchbar Keynote"

The top-tier 15" MBP has Intel HD 530 iGPU.

Here's a question: Do you guys think the 1050 and 1050Ti would be any different in terms of support? That is, if we could make a comparison to the 750Ti, which to the best of my knowledge was the last low-range Ti card...

I got an email from NVidia today about the release of 1050 and 1050Ti. I hadn't followed the lineup for some short period of time and instead diverted more time to this thread (because "duh!" there's no point unless there's support...)

But what I've gathered in the short few minutes of research, is the 1050 and 1050Ti are manufactured at a 14nm process - suggesting a Samsung tech and not TSMC - Kotaku for reference.

All in a all an entry-level budget solution for people aiming to spend as little money as possible in order to not use integrated graphics. Low framerate in games, far fewer CUDA cores, lower core and memory speeds, as well as memory quantity. The 1050Ti does boast 4GBs of memory which is more than the 1060's 3GB variant, but still a weaker card after all.

Anyone use a Titan X (Maxwell) under macOS 10.11.6 or 10.12.1?

Might sell my GTX1080.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back